Do domestic cats hump?

sumac

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:33 am
I never thought so, before last night. I was awakened at about 3:30 a.m. with Haiku (male cat, 3 years old, neutered at six months) astride my thigh, vibrating, moving, and purring to beat the band. What is this? Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, but.....what? Never heard of this before. Comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,760 • Replies: 31
No top replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:36 am
I have a male poodle. Nothing going on in bed...but graps my leg when I try to get out of bed. What a fuss, over one leg! Sometimes, I think he'll break my leg off!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:36 am
Granted, Haiku thinks he is a dog (having been brought up with two 5-week old puppies when Haiku was but 5-weeks old himself), and I believe that my love of my life Shiloh (now dead) is inside Haiku.....but he has never witnessed this behavior. Except for the animal Frank that I have since dispensed with. Could it be?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:39 am
Sumac- Are you kidding? I once spent a miserable few days at my son's house. One of his cats had not been neutered yet, and she went into heat.

Normally, you never see this cat, as she is VERY shy. During that week though, she decided that she was in love with my leg. No matter what I did, I could not get away from her. As soon as her heat was over, it was back to hiding under the beds.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:59 am
OK, but that was a cat in heat. Haiku had been neutered years ago.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 12:38 pm
Didn't you ever hear the old saying that "the brain is the most powerful sex organ"! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 01:50 pm
Oh, a neutered tom is still a tom. They are just not so vocal about it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 02:09 pm
roger- If I had had my b---s removed, I wouldn't shout it from the rooftops either. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one! Laughing )
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 02:28 pm
My coworker (also a member of this site) has a few tom cats who are unware of the fact that they've been neutered as well as unaware of the fact that the female cats were fixed.

They are as vigourous as they are unsucessful in their attempts to mate.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 04:10 pm
Blimey! I have NEVER seen a cat - neutered or not - hump!

Queens on heat do lots of rolling round and purring and weaving around legs in my experience - and the guys just go out and do it, if whole, or leave it if not.

My neutered fella does, as I have recently noticed, grab his neutered goil mate and get her into position for mating, but there is no humping. Maybe he is just dumb?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
Couple of years ago I got brother and sister kittens, neutered as soon as they were old enough. While they were still kittens, brother drove sister nuts with useless humping. She hated it. So they are not friends, do not like each other, though now and then they will play -- very briefly -- and then, as though they remember they're enemies, they part and stalk off in different directions. (They're also fiercely competitive!) But when there's something interesting, "OOH BOY, I caught a lizard!!," they cooperate and have fun.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 06:05 pm
Wasn't dumb, Deb. It was the real thing.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 06:11 pm
Now I have witnessed male fixed cats 'trying' to get some actiion going, but the rape attempt has always been half-hearted, and failed in the long run. This was something very different, very hedonistic, and not seen by me from a cat.
'
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 06:42 pm
Both dogs and cats do it and lots of times I'm convinced it's more about "I'm in charge here, not you!"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 08:33 pm
Pacco is a neutered male dog that will hump other neutered males almost anywhere on their bodies when the mood strikes him...side, rear, shoulder...my main annoyance is that I don't ever have a camera in my hand at the time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 08:34 pm
uh, don't let him know that I told you....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:06 pm
hahaha! You guys are a riot!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 01:22 am
I wanna hear what Mikey does!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 02:01 am
Me too, especially with that sensitive skin condition.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:40 am
Osso -- My dog, Boone, has been taught (by me!) to do his little masturbation dance on command -- and he does it most joyfully. With my right arm in "up yours" position, all I have to do is say "wanky wanky" and he goes into "down" position and rocks and rubs merrily back and forth, eyes closed in bliss. I've had friends and strangers say, "Wait, wait! Get him to do that again!" and they set their digital cameras for the 20-second video option (with sound when possible because he also yips and croons). Because he's been neutered, there is no end-of-the-story. He just gets bored, gets up and shakes...
0 Replies