:-}Touching Wild fisH{-:

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 01:41 pm
Two summers ago at Lac Dore I fed and touched the wild lake bass all summer.What eventually happened was that I trained them to understand, that If they wanted a scrap a meat ,I had to touch them first.
So, I returned this spring 10 days after the ice breakup on the lake and was touching and petting them within 3 minutes after offering them some frozen niblets corn. Either they remebered me or this is a very special place.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,220 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:49 pm
no ones biting
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:31 pm
I dare you to go to the Amazon and try that with the Pirrana.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:09 am
don't dare me.....
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:11 am
Or maybe some of those nice alligators in Florida. They're very touchy feely critters.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:26 am
Cool Algis. Im a fisherman but I mostly catch and release, hoping that my hook will brighten the catch so it wont be snookered again. Bass are rather a proto intelligent being. I find them pretty cagy sometimes.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:52 am
I think these are the bass with the spikey dorsal fin. Seems they are quite at ease with contact with me. There were also 2 trout.About a foot long. They at the beginning kept their distance. They would wait till a scrap of meat was in my hand then charge 2 yards making a sudden splash as they grabbed scaring the daylight out of me the first couple of times. Funny thing was they after a few weeks realized a change in the game. In order to get at the meat they must be touched first. They started to allow this which was even more amazing. Lac Dore will always be a special place for this reason.
0 Replies