au1929

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:05 am
Bush is still at it. Here are some of the latest Bushisms. I think he missed his calling. He should have been a standup comic.

"Iran would be dangerous if they have a nuclear weapon;Washington, D.C., June 18, 2003

"Now, there are some who would like to rewrite history;revisionist historians is what I like to call them."—Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

"I am determined to keep the process on the road to peace;Washington, D.C., June 10, 2003

"The true strength of America happens when a neighbor loves a neighbor just like they'd like to be loved themselves;Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

"We are making steadfast progress;Washington, D.C., June 9, 2003 .)

"I'm the master of low expectations;Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things;Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances;Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003
[]
"Oftentimes, we live in a processed world;you know, people focus on the process and not results;Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

"I've got very good relations with President Mubarak and Crown Prince Abdallah and the King of Jordan, Gulf Coast countries;Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

"All up and down the different aspects of our society, we had meaningful discussions. Not only in the Cabinet Room, but prior to this and after this day, our secretaries, respective secretaries, will continue to interact to create the conditions necessary for prosperity to reign;Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill;Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

"We ended the rule of one of history's worst tyrants, and in so doing, we not only freed the American people, we made our own people more secure;Crawford, Texas, May 3, 2003

"We've had a great weekend here in the Land of the Enchanted;Albuquerque, N.M., May 12, 2003 (New Mexico's state nickname is "Land of Enchantment.")
"
We've got hundreds of sites to exploit, looking for the chemical and biological weapons that we know Saddam Hussein had prior to our entrance into Iraq;Santa Clara, Calif., May 2, 2003 "I think war is a dangerous place;Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003

"I don't bring God into my life to;to, you know, kind of be a political person;Interview with Tom Brokaw aboard Air Force One, April 24, 2003

"You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order;order out of chaos. But we will;Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

Can you add any to the list?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,154 • Replies: 6
No top replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:38 am
au<

Bushisms are a regular feature in the daily www.slatemagazine.com website.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:06 am
Re: Bushisms
au1929 wrote:

"You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order;order out of chaos. But we will;Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

Can you add any to the list?

This would be a tough one to top.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:14 pm
The Bush Brain Game
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 05:33 am
Very Happy
i considered startintg a 'bushism' thread myself after reading many many websites full of quotes but i decided not to as i felt it would draw too many flames towards me from bush-lovers out there..
good one au1929 im glad you had the guts to do it....
it does have a funny factor and im glad to see you have a sense of homour under all that serious talk you do Smile

here a classic one for ya from 'W' :

"You f*cking son of a bitch. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this."
-George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, 1988
Wink
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
http://www.bushisms.com/poundin-em-down-with-dub.jpg
"I'm not going to talk about what I did as a child. What I am going to talk about -- and I am going to say this consistently -- [is that] it is irrelevant what I did 20 to 30 years ago. What's relevant is that I have learned from any mistakes I made. I do not want to send signals to anybody that what Gov. Bush did 30 years ago is cool to try."
--Gov. Bush in an interview with WMUR-TV in New Hampshire, when asked if he had used "drugs, marijuana, cocaine"
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 06:05 am
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/bushsmart.jpg
0 Replies