iPod or some other device?

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
I want to invest in a good MP3 player.

I use my current player mainly for copying CDs, so I don't care about all the bells and whistles so many have, like including a camcorder, etc. Unfortunately, although its sound is good, my current player (Creative MuVo V100) lacks just about everything except On/Off & Pause. I want good basic features, like FF, Rew, Pause, and indication of what track is playing.

I'll check the Internet, but in the meantime, can anyone recommend some good choices, within a reasonable price range?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 687 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 09:15 pm
What capacity do you want? And do you want to jog with it?

I love my IRiver T20. Later versions of MuVo are cool too - but you can't jog with them.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:50 am
iPod or some other device?
Well, 4 GB would be nice. You can load a lot of book text into 4 GB.

And no, I wouldn't be jogging with it; smooth treadmill walking is my style; nothing that would shake up the unit.

I'm thinking of the iRiver Clix 4 GB. It has a lot of stuff I don't particularly want, but the other option, a Creative model, has me bothered by the "joystick". In the pix it looks pretty flimsy & just asking to be broken off. I can't make out whether this is the fault of the photo, or the actual design.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 04:35 pm
At that size you're still limited to a mini hard disk (like MuVo). The iRiver T20 is solid state - looks and acts kinda like a usb flash memory stick with a radio in it - but it's only 1 gig. Give it another 12 months and a 2gb solid state player will be affordable.

Why I love the T20:

tiny and cute.
solid state (so I don't have to be gentle)
recharges in a USB slot
gives at least 10 hours play on a single recharge
acts like a flash memory stick when inserted into the usb port (ie appears as a drive and you just drag files onto it - no need for any proprietary software)
Plays mp3, wma and several more obscure file types (like auc etc)
the usb 'prong' is retractable into the unit so there less chance of damaging it.
It has shuffle.

Just do me a favour and don't get an ipod - I'm not a fan.
0 Replies