some anatomy

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 05:22 am
Hi guyes, i have a question about our, i.e. human physic. When we work out or do any exercise our muscles start paining and we need to stop for some time. by the time the lactic acid gathered in the muscle dilutes and we can continue to work or exercise. If this happens in every muscle of our body then how HEART being a MUSCLE continues to beat from our birth to death and similarly how brian continues to work witout stop ?????
I hope i'll get satisfying answer from you guyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 446 • Replies: 2
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:37 am
Heart muscle is physiologically different from other muscles of the body. Also, it preferentially receives highly oxygenated blood as soon as it leaves the heart. When the blood flow to the heart is impeded or when the heart wall gets too thick for its own blood supply, it does hurt -- a lot. It's called a heart attack.

The brain is not a muscle, and moreover does not feel pain even if you stick it with things.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:57 am
Heart is a muscle. Unlike other muscles in the body, heart doesn't tire and continues to work, that is pump blood, from birth to death. This is because heart is composed of a special type of muscle called cardiac muscle. Cardiac is a myogenic (doesn't need a nerve impulse to excite it)and involutary muscle. It has certain properties that account for its inexhaustibility.

As of brain, the "work" that brain does is done by the neuronal network and not any muscle. Neurons, as you may know, are the structural and functional units of the nervous system. Remember, brain, unlike the heart, is not a muscle.

You can google terms like "physiology heart/anotomy heart" and "structure brain/physiology nervous system", you'll get ample of information on the topic.
0 Replies