Electronics Advice....

lemur21

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:34 pm
Hello,

I am looking to purchase some electronics equipment in the next couple of weeks/months, and thought it might make sense to ask some of the knowledgeable people here about some of the questions I have.

1. HDTV - I've pretty much decided I want a 40"-46" LCD TV. I don't need (nor want) to hang in on the wall. What are my options? I see terms like "projection" "DLP" "LED" etc. -- what is the best for what I'm looking for? Should I just opt for the flat screen anyways? Is flat screen not a "must" since I'm not hanging it on the wall?

Also - is 1080p THAT much better than 720p? I think it probably is -- but I don't know.

Also - of those choices which seems to be the most reliable (in terms of needing repairs, etc.)? I also read that, on models 50"+, regular TV looks like crap -- am I safe in assuming that in the 40-46" range, that's not an issue?

2. Digital camera -- I think I want to go with Olympus (since my wife gets a wholesale price on them) - I know optical zoom is important and (for my purposes) I believe 5-6 megapixels is fine (most of my images go onto my website (72dpi) or in an online PDF magazine I puhlish (300dpi). Am I missing anything?

3. Camcorder -- I want a digital camcorder. I want to be able to take the movie and then burn it to DVD. I know nothing about digital camcorders at all -- what should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Chris
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 672 • Replies: 0
No top replies