Im looking for some clothes

Heatwave

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 09:03 am
Hey Shewolf, that's an Indian kurta. D'you have any Indian clothing stores where you live? You'll find hundreds of those in any Indian garment store - and they're pretty inexpensive. At least the plain cotton ones are. You can try the men's styles as well as the womens - they're larger in the chest and the length varies according to the style - they can be mid-thigh to mid-calf length.

Oh and they shrink *a lot.* And some of the colored ones 'bleed' as well - fyi.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 09:13 am
We might have some around, but honestly it seems that Asian stores are much more popular.

I have not seen an Indian store at all..

A few scattered Indian restaurants.. but that is about it.

I will look some more. Smile thanks
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 10:54 am
shewolf
http://www.indianclothingart.com/catalog.php?id=8
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 11:00 am
Wow! I have been searcing for that word, "kurta" forever. In Charlottesville, Virginia they had an India Bazaar, and I bought all my stuff there including buffalo sandals and elephant bells. Hippie days, ya know.

Wish they had one in Florida.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 12:49 pm
Re: Im looking for some clothes
shewolfnm wrote:
I'm looking for some clothes

I promise not to look until you find some.

Poor woman, you must be freezing! Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 05:33 pm
You need to get to Michigan for a visit, shewolfnm. You'll find kurtas out the ying-yang at the local thrift shops, in and near Detroit. Fairly large Indian and Middle-Eastern communities there.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.28 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:31:01