How will you spend Christmas?

Wilso

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:11 pm
Seems like a nice diversion to the worthless political crap I seem to get caught in at regular intervals.

Christmas eve is dinner with the family-wife, Mum and Dad, brother and sister-in-law, and the two nieces. Christmas morning is over to my brother's place for breakfast and watch while the little ones open their presents. Lunch on Christmas day with friends, and if the weather is good, to the beach for a swim.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,004 • Replies: 22
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:13 pm
To the beach for a swim!

It's definitely Christmastime that it's driven home that you Aussies live far, far away... (that and when you guys start exulting about spring just as the days get shorter and colder here... grrr...)

We'll be having our little family Christmas at home Christmas morning, then my mom will arrive in the evening and we'll have another version with her. That's pretty much it. Might have friends over for a vaguely Christmas-y celebration this weekend.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:16 pm
I'll be going to see my mom for a couple of days - leaving Saturday noonish and coming back Monday noonish. It's about a five hour drive, so I should be back here Monday in time for Xmas dinner at my sister's house with her family and my brother's family.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:22 pm
Christmas Eve services followed by extended family gathering at our house. Christmas morning alone with Mr B and the girls followed by dinner with extended family at MILs or SILs.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:23 pm
We'll stay home this year - with the aircon on, a tray of mangoes, ham and a bottle of bubbly - and proceed to eat and drink ourselves silly.

After Christmas, down to Kiama, south of Sydney, for a few days at the beach, and more mangoes, oysters andf fizz!

How do you cope with the cold at Christmas....just seems weird! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:26 pm
I'm flying off to Florida on Saturday to spend time with my mom. I'm returning on Tuesday.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:51 pm
I have had something come up that has spoiled my Christmas... too personal to talk about.... I'll muddle through and put on my happy face for company....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:09 pm
Skiing with my family in New Mexico.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:14 pm
Where at, tico?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:17 pm
Santa Fe
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:19 pm
I would love to go to new mexico for christmas..

(siiiigh)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:27 pm
I will heap Set and the dogs into the car and head down the highway to visit the hamburgers. We'll likely leave on Saturday morning and return to Toronto the following Thursday.

It doesn't seem like we'll get any snow, but I'll take cold sunny days happily.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:29 pm
Bear, we're a little worried...

For the first time, my husbands' family is doing a Christmas Eve dinner instead of Christmas Day, as we've always done in the past, so this Christmas Day I'm baking a ham for dinner with mac n' cheese, fresh string beans with potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls and maybe hubby and I will go to the movies later that evening.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:34 pm
I'll get over it... no ones dying...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:34 pm
I'll get over it... no ones dying...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:47 pm
Tico, let people know when you drop in on the other side of the mountains.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 10:28 pm
My family and I will drive to Wagga Wagga 4 hrs on christmas morning to visit my wifes family. Prawns and other seafood for lunch. Much laughter will ensue cause they're a mad bunch. Aircon is a must and perhaps a swim in the river.

We take it year about to have christmas lunch with either my family or hers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 02:05 am
Nearly the same as usually the last couple of years: driving over to mother's for lunch on Christmas Eve (as every day), staying there the afternoon(early evening, hot/cold dinner, presents, back home, nice evening here.
Midnight mass.

The two Christmas days are similar to any Sunday - just preparing a "better" lunch at mom's.

But opposite to the last years, we don't drive to MIL's on Boxing Day.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:14 am
Same as Thanksgiving, I will be all by myself here in little old Essex! Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:25 am
The weather is supposed to be lousy on Christmas day. I suppose that I will stay in the house, catch up on some cleaning that I have been avoiding, and attempt to avoid the interminable Christmas songs that will be played on the radio. Bah, humbug! Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How will you spend Christmas?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 02:33:07