gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:27 am
You knew Carol Buchanan, malek?

Sounds like that bitch got around.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:38 am
http://butrfly.net/Albums/MiscellaneousGoodies/images/womanwithbag.jpg_tn.jpg
"I can still hear you!!" said Ms. Buchanan.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:40 am
Very Happy

No, but I'll never give her name away here though. It was the perfect way to finish the holidays!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:42 am
There's a girl round these parts goes by the name of Montana. Very hot. Very easy. I suggest you look her up.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:45 am
Montana seems to get more interesting by the minute. However, I'm pretty sure you're joking, so I shall still treat her like a lady until she says otherwise.

I feel like the new boy with "kick me" on his back! Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:46 am
<gus scampers off now that malek has discovered the sign>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
Meccano kits. they were the best. Lots of fun to put together.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/Meccano_No7_Instructions_%28front%29.jpg/270px-Meccano_No7_Instructions_%28front%29.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
A box of staples.

Seriously.

I was a bit mmmmm nerdy - and I wanted office supplies. Desperately. Real office supplies. Not toys.

The box of staples confused me a bit - until a few prezzies later .... ta da ... The Stapler. I've still got the stapler, and staple remover, 40 years later.

I always think of that box of staples fondly. Something about good things coming.

I wish I still had the little manual typewriter I got that year as well.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:57 am
http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/2006/03/office-space-red-swingline.JPG

Was that my Swingline stapler?!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 12:05 pm
Well, when I was 8 I was delighted to get 500 sheets of yellow paper and coloured markers from my grandmother, and a pair of buckle shoes (graduating from laces) and a Munster Family book from my mother. I suppose that's my favourite Christmas - it's the only one I remember.

Oh, and we all got manicure kits in our stockings every year.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 12:47 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/2006/03/office-space-red-swingline.JPG

Was that my Swingline stapler?!

I have a red Swingline stapler at work. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
ehBeth wrote:
A box of staples.

Seriously.

That seems soooo sad.

You guys get socks for christmas, too?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:24 pm
Reyn - Not sad at all if you know ehBeth. The Swingline fit perfectly in her satchel and the box of staples went in the front zip pocket and everything went perfectly with her little shoes and plaid skirt.

What a treasure that staples made her happy! And, what a blessing that her parents knew they would. Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:49 pm
squinney wrote:
Reyn - Not sad at all if you know ehBeth. The Swingline fit perfectly in her satchel and the box of staples went in the front zip pocket and everything went perfectly with her little shoes and plaid skirt.

What a treasure that staples made her happy! And, what a blessing that her parents knew they would. Very Happy

I agree not sad. Kids want the most pecular items sometimes. I remember one year my daughter asking for drawers - she saw a little chest with these cute little drawers and that is what she wanted.

I bet eBeth thought she was a big shot to get real office equipment - not the fake pretend stuff.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 02:49 pm
Squinney knows me far tooooooo well Very Happy

[size=7]I have two Swinglines on my desk now. I feel so special :wink: [/size]
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 03:12 pm
When I was around 4 years old I got a cute little doll house my father made himself out of wood. It was just one giant room with stairs going up to
a loft. He even wallpapered the room and had made shutters for the windows. As far as I remember, there were even some furniture he crafted
himself.
Gosh, I always wished I had kept the doll house, alone for sentimental reasons, as my Dad isn't around any more.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:13 pm
I hate to see Jane suffering so. It really bothers me that she misses that doll house so I took the time to make her a crude replacement.

When I have the time I will try to make you a better one, Jane.

Until then, here ya go....

http://www.virtualdollhouse.net/dollhouse%20pics/Grace%20dh/Manor%20house/House%201s.jpg
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:15 pm
Look, there's gus in the front yard. How cute! But why's he chasing CJ up a ladder with a broom?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:27 pm
One year, I received five paint sets. I loved it.

The following year, all of the aunts and uncles bought me books. I loved that as well.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:50 pm
I tell this story every year...

In 1970 I was fifteen and outraged by the start of football on Monday nights. Wasn't Saturday and Sunday enough? Apparently not. Even tho my brothers and I agreed at the start of the season to switch back and forth, one week I could watch my shows, Little House on the Prairie and Rhoda, and the next week, they could watch their precious football, it wasn't long before they broke our agreement completely and dismissed me and my protests with a wave of the hand, like big brothers often do.

That Christmas morning, there was a pretty nice-sized giftwrapped box for me under the tree and I had no idea what it was. When I tore off the paper, I leaped back, stunned. My adorable, knuckleheaded brothers had pooled their monies together and bought me a Panasonic 13-inch b & w set for my bedroom, to get me out of their hair on Monday nights once and for all. Very Happy

I still have that set. I don't use it but I will always keep it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:20:05