Ibredd

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 07:33 pm
Is the comic strip Pogo being rerun in any newspaper today if not, why do you think it is not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,421 • Replies: 4
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 08:00 pm
You can find a history of the artist and information on Pogo, rights, etc up through the late 1980's here:

http://www.okeswamp.com/ral_Info/Pogo_and_the_Walt_Kelly_Museum/pogo_and_the_walt_kelly_museum.html

It seems that in the late 80's LA Times Syndicate did a bit of resurection but, after that I havent found any reference.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 08:17 pm
If it were available, I would be as avid a reader today as in the past. My brother is a good cartoonist, among many other things. When he was very young he corresponded with Kelly. Kelly sent him at least two or three autographed books.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 04:49 am
I go Pogo.

Of the syndicated resurections, (what I saw of them in the Boston Glob), the first batch, signed Doyle and Sternecky or some such, was pretty close to Kelley.

Then on of Walt Kelly's kids took over and it went from being Pogo to being a bunch of talking animals.

Oh Rowrbazzle!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 04:50 am
Ah well, another day, another dullard . . .
0 Replies