DirecTV Sucks

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:07 pm
There, I said it.

"Customer Service" should not equate with "Criminal Solicitation".

In the same breath, Cicerone still doesn't know WTF high definition is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,173 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:45 am
cjhsa- OK, so you have vented your spleen. Feel better?

It would be a lot more helpful if you shared with us WHY you believe that DirectTV sucks. I am sure that there are many people who have gotten ads from that company, and may be considering switching from what they now have. A good, objective critique would go a long way in helping people to make up their minds. Thanks! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:17 am
They robbed me. They are crooks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:22 am
cjhsa wrote:
They robbed me. They are crooks.

You still haven't told us anything. How did they rob you? What did they do?
0 Replies

birdmomster

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 06:26 pm
qwest and directv bundling
We have been trying since June 2006 to get the bundling between these two companies . All they do is pass the buck and play the blame game. Can't get the utl. commision to do anything about it. after our contract, they can put it where the sun doesn't shine. Shame on you both!
0 Replies

lmp

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 03:50 pm
This is why I think DirecTv Sucks
This is why I think DirecTv Sucks.
DirecTV customer service is a nightmare.
When my first contract expired I was offered by Dish Net to switch and they would give me a second DVR box and a fixed lower rate for a year contract. I called DirecTV and asked them to match that deal. They did (so I was told on the phone). Problems began right away I was charged for the DVR box plus tax and shipping after talking with a supervisor (a wait of 45-1hour to get to) He told me that the deal I was offered was on the computer but didn't get posted to my account because the sales people get dings on their record for every deal they offer. After many months of a bill that would literally take 15 minute to figure out with about 20 lines of credits and charges. I thought I was clear, but then the $5 month discount I was supposed to get for the first year disappeared after 3 months into my contact. Another supervisor later I was told it was a mistake and gave me back the discount. Now 8 months into my two year contract and the monthly amount that was supposed to be fixed for 1 year at 44.99 went up. They now are charging me $5 extra. I called after finally getting to a supervisor. I asked him how can your sales people offer me a fixed rate for the first year and than change the terms of the contract we both agreed too? He had nothing useful to say to me and gave me an address to write in a complaint. Oh, I forgot to talk about the DVR box that box is a piece of ******. Several friends have told me they feel the same about their box. I wish there was an alternative company.
lmp
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:13 am
I had to turn off my service for a relocation. I couldn't turn it back on - but they kept doing so and charging me. When I complained they would say "We can't refund your money, we will just post it as a credit to your account". After the third time they did it I has $120 in credits. Then they did it again, and again. But those times, though I still wasn't using the service, they deducted their charges from my credits!!!

So, they effectively robbed me of $80 before I could finally get them to refund $42... a--holes.
0 Replies

chochi

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 01:50 pm
We made a choice to change over to Directv per a conversation we had with them over the phone. Which at that point seemed like a great idea as we would be saving money.

1. To begin, we were told that we can have a friend refer us and we would both receive a $50 rebate as a result. The Installer who was called us for scheduling, advised us that we need to call Directv direct in order to receive this rebate. Upon calling on the day of installation, we were told this is no longer possible as the service had already been activated an hour earlier. After 3 hours, and 7 associates, I was able to receive a $50 credit for myself due to this error.

2. One week later, we have received our bill in the mail, and it is again, NOT the programming price that we had agreed on. They are charging us $69.99 for programming when the agreed upon service was $44.99, due to a special they had running in the month of February 2007. After spending several hours talking to Directv directly over the phone once more, they are not prepared to honor the agreed upon programming charge, and we are being told we can not cancel the subscription without a $300 cancellation fee, again, just one week after being installed and being advised that we can cancel within 30 days.

We feel VERY VERY upset about the way this has been handled by Directv, as we have been lied to over and over by their associates. We continue to battle this over the phone with them.

Please someone contact me regarding this issue if you have any advice.

I would like to refuse payment, but that only hurts me in the long run.
0 Replies