Just timber messin' around/ Sam (Moved from Testing Forum)

wandeljw

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:47 am
jespah wrote:
Such a noble face. Can almost see them walking together, stopping occasionally, Sam sniffing the air and Kevin looking at the stars.

The only bright spot in your report on timber, jespah.

(of course, it was also comforting to hear that timber was at his computer when it happened)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:48 am
I keep remembering the old saying, "He died with his boots on" and that seems kinda a propos.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:12 am
Ah, crap.
I had held out pretty good till now, but this has got me tearing up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:14 am
Same here, George, tears streaming down...

I am glad though that Timber and Sam are making this long journey
together.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:15 am
Any more tearing and I am going to short out my keyboard! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 11:15 pm
Most of us who've had pets have experienced the pain of their dying. Most of us who've lived long enough have experienced the pain of losing a loved one of the human persuasion.

What my mind keeps returning to is that Mrs. Timber (J) experienced both kinds of losses in the space of about a week. I wish her strength. And I hope it's some small comfort for her to know that people who didn't know her care about how she's feeling.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 11:20 pm
Roberta wrote:
What my mind keeps returning to is that Mrs. Timber (J) experienced both kinds of losses in the space of about a week. I wish her strength. And I hope it's some small comfort for her to know that people who didn't know her care about how she's feeling.

Indeed, Roberta.

I wish J strength & comfort, too.

So much lost in such a short time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 11:33 pm
Me too, me too. In my looking for a quote as a signature, I ran across a thread where Timber told of J going south with Sam in the car...
ah, shucks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:16 am
Oh man your sig line made me laugh aloud.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:43 am
I'm teary-grinning.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:51 am
I gave my dog a hug, a manly hug. Its a bit hard to read the keyboad with myeyes watering.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 08:21 am
I tear up every time I see Timber's pic on the eulogy thread, or the intelligent design thread, and now again seeing Big Sam. I remember how sad Timber was last spring when the pony died and how worried he was about (J.). He loved his critters and he loved Mrs Timber and, in his own way, he loved this place. Gotta love a guy who has so much love in him.
0 Replies