Yahoo's Last Hoorah?

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:33 pm
Quote:
Yahoo shakes up leadership
SEARCH GIANT AIMS TO BOLSTER FOCUS, AGILITY AS CRITICS QUESTION ITS ABILITY TO COMPETE
By Elise Ackerman
Mercury News
Quick overview: Yahoo's big shakeup
Yahoo announced a big shake-up late Tuesday, addressing critics who for months have questioned the search giant's ability to effectively compete with other, more nimble Internet companies.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/16175062.htm

Quick overview: Yahoo's big shakeup
Susan Decker

Current job: Chief financial officer

New job: Head of Advertiser & Publisher Group

• In her current job she helps determine Yahoo's business strategy and oversees finance, human resources, the legal department and investor relations.

• In her new role she will oversee Yahoo's global advertising business, and has been rumored to be a possible successor to Yahoo CEO Terry Semel.

Farzad Nazem

Current job: Chief technical officer

New job: Head of Technology Group

• In his new role he will head an expanded technology group with a broader mandate to push new technology throughout Yahoo's global organization.

Daniel Rosensweig

Current job: Chief operating officer

• He will leave Yahoo in March, the company said.

Lloyd Braun

• Head of Yahoo Media Group

Current job: Braun joined Yahoo in November 2004. He supervised Yahoo's content properties, such as music, sports and finance.

• Before coming to Yahoo he was chairman of ABC Entertainment Television Group for two years and co-chairman before that.

What characteristics make for a good search engine? Do all the various add-ons and toolbars make or break a search engine?

For me it is how quickly it loads on my dial-up connection and how graphics intensive it is. Yahoo takes forever to load, while Google is nearly instantaneous.

For content sifting, I'm still liking about.com and wikipedia. Not sure they really qualify as search engines.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 754 • Replies: 1
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:52 pm
Personally, I mostly use http://a1040.g.akamai.net/f/1040/759/1h/pic.infospace.com/info.dogpl/pics/idx/logo.gif
0 Replies