Wireless TV transmission around the home

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 03:22 am
I have just moved into a new house, and found that whilst there is a TV aerial on the roof, there is only one socket - in the living room. I would like to be able to get TV in 2 of the bedrooms, the study and the kitchen. I could string wires around in the loft but this is a lot of effort and I'd prefer to send a signal wirelessly. I've seen a couple of products that come close to doing this - one is slingbox, but the signal can only be received by computers; another is the Apple iTV, but only computers can send the signal, and the third is a wireless TV sending system, which has 2 dishes (one to send and one to receive) - but this can only work for sending to one TV.

I'm looking for some help finding a product which (like slingbox) could broadcast a TV signal wirelessly, and then have some receiver units to pick up the signal at the other end. Is there any such thing?

Cheers!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 751 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 02:42 pm
A search using

remote tv sender

on Google or other searchsites reveals many options to suit your needs.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:10 pm
A few years back, there was a product that was rather heavily advertised which was called a rabbit (because it multiplied the signal -- groan). I haven't seen it lately, but, I haven't been looking.
0 Replies