"We'll put a stake up Borat's Arse!" - say Transylvanians.

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:16 pm
GIPSIES in Transylvania want to impale Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen on a stake and castrate him for lampooning them in his hit film.
Villagers are furious because they were portrayed as rapists and prostitutes who drink horse urine.

The row has flared in the Romanian community of Glod, used to depict Borat's home town in Kazakhstan.
Baron Cohen, 35, plays a Kazakh journalist on a road trip across the US in the spoof documentary.

Gheorgie Pascu, 46, said: "Borat is a son-of-a-bitch who made us look like savages.
"This is Transylvania, home of Dracula. If he ever returns we will stick a stake in his backside and impale him. Then I would cut his b***s off."

Dracula is based on Vlad the Impaler, the 15th century ruler who speared enemies on stakes. Gheorgie added: "I sold the film people the cow seen in Borat's house.
"We were never told it was a comedy and have been made to look stupid."

The film's opening sequence shows Borat in his one-roomed shack which he shares with a cow.
House owner Luca Tugaciu, 55, said: "The cow went to the toilet all over the house. We didn't get cash we were promised."

Luca lives with wife Gina, 40, and kids Ana, seven, and Georgian, 14.
Their lavatory is a hole in the ground and a pig lives in a wooden cage close to the front door.

Swigging a beer, Luca said: "We are very poor and the film people gave me just 15 euros."

Making a throat-cutting gesture with his finger, he added: "Borat came here with police to guard him when he was filming. If he ever returned it would be the end for him."

Gregg Brilliant, of Twentieth Century Fox, said the gipsies were paid twice the going rate for extras. The production team and Baron Cohen each donated £2,600 to the village, paid a location fee and bought it computers and school supplies. And he denied the film was touted as a documentary. Two Glod villagers have filed a £15million lawsuit claiming they were told the film was a documentary highlighting poverty.

Opening for make benefit of A2Kings...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 874 • Replies: 13
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 02:18 pm
Do they wish to hang him upside down with a fork in his ass? 'Cause that'd just be wrong.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 03:33 pm
Yea, Gypsies have every right complaining that their scumbag scam artist images are being portrayed in such a negative manner.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 03:43 pm
well well well.... since they are "gypsies" (which, btw, is in terms of PC almost an equivalent to "nigger"), they are scumbag scam artists? If they were just Romanian villagers, they would be fine?

Not that they are necessarily right, doesn't sound like they are. But them being 'gypsies' or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 03:49 pm
Maybe I had a different idea what gypsies were. I'm thinking of these people that used to come by my old job that everyone called "gypsies," and they were pretty much scumbags.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:01 pm
Well, perhaps they were gypsies, too. But there are millions of them around the world and most of them are just normal people.

... I worked with Roma for years, so I get overly sensitive...don't mind me all that much.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:02 pm
That's hilarious.

They're worse than Borat said.

I'm impressed witht he cow--going to the toilet and all.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:03 pm
well, the cow was brought into the house by Borat though. That's what the owner of the house was complaining about.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:50 pm
Yes. I know.

...stream-of-consciousness posting....arg...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:03 pm
Lash is easily impressed, if a cow laying down manure does it for her.

Next to astonish Lash: the sky is blue.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:06 pm
oh. got it. it's monday. i can't think.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:13 pm
Wink

Thinking shouldn't start until Tuesday at 2PM.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:15 pm
But the locale where the film was shot is identified as Khazakistan, isn't it? I mean, Cohen (or Borat) is making fun of Kazakhs, not Romanies. The only gripe the Romanies have (besides not being suffciently remunerated) is that they were tricked into playing Kazakhs as extras.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:27 pm
they want money, that's all.
0 Replies