Technorati

gollum

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:09 pm
I am trying to access the website: www.technorat.com. Supposedly, it's a search engine that searches the "blogosphere."

However, I get a message, Internet Explorer can not display the page.

How do I access the search engine?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 853 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:43 pm
I just tried your link and it worked for me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:47 pm
Do you know what your firewall settings are? You may have a setting which will not allow the site to display. You could got into control panel and tell IE that it is allowed to access that site.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:38 pm
Re: Technorati
gollum wrote:
I am trying to access the website: www.technorat.com. Supposedly, it's a search engine that searches the "blogosphere."

However, I get a message, Internet Explorer can not display the page.

How do I access the search engine?

Might help to try the correct link:

http://www.technorati.com

You left the i off "technorati" in the link you provided in your post ... resulting in the link as you typed it - which converts to 64.74.223.1 - directing to a "squatter page" intended to catch miss-spellings/typos of common websites, hosted by shady outfit blacklisted by many firewalls and antispyware apps - the purpose of that page is to clutter your browser cache with cookies that facillitate serving you with "targeted advertising" and to provide revenue to its owner via clickthrough on directed searches. The IP of the legitimate technorati home page is 208.66.64.132, btw.
0 Replies