daylight savings

glyn

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:33 pm
Hi
can someone please tell me how i change my time on my mobile phone forward 1 hour
this is what ive done

1 settings
2 time and date settings
3 clock
4 set the time

5 change time and press select then it switches bagk on its own!

i have a nokia 6235
we have gone on to daylight savings as of 2am this morning
we are in western australia

thanks glyn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 837 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:42 pm
Most, if not all, cell phones are kept in perfect time by a signal generated from the cell phone towers. The time reflected on your phone should be accurate all the time for the time zone. Check with your cell phone provider if it is not.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 09:59 pm
Nick is right Glyn. I have never bothered with the time on my mobile here in Victoria. The clock in my ute is a pain in the arse though.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:36 pm
I have the same phone - as said, it like most cell phones draws its time/date info from the provider ... if that's what its set to do. From the phone's manual:

Quote:
Clock
At the start screen, select Menu > Settings > Time and date settings > Clock > Show clock or Hide clock, Set the time, Time zone or Time format.

Date
At the start screen, select Menu > Settings > Time and date settings > Date > Show date or Hide date, Set the date, Date format, or Date separator.

Set the auto-update of date and time
Auto-update is a network service. See "Network Services," p. 5. If your wireless service provider supports this feature, you can allow the digital network to set the clock, which is useful when you are out of your home area, for instance when you have traveled to another network or time zone.

At the start screen, select Menu >Settings > Time and date settings > Autoupdate of date & time > On, Confirm first, or Off.

If you use the Auto-update of date & time option while outside your digital network, you may be prompted to enter the time manually. Network time will replace the time and date when you re-enter your digital network.If your battery has been removed or has discharged outside the digital network, you may be prompted to enter the time manually (once the battery is replaced or recharged, and you are still outside of the digital network).
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 02:02 am
timberlandko wrote:

you can allow the digital network to set the clock, which is useful when you are out of your home area, for instance when you have traveled to another network or time zone.

They only have one time zone In Western Australia Timber.

(slow)
0 Replies