PREGNANT MAN FINED $140.

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
'Pregnant' man fined in SA court.

A South African man has been fined $140 for taking a week off work, telling his employers he was pregnant.
Charles Sibindana, 27, stole a certificate from a clinic during his pregnant girlfriend's checkup, a court near Johannesburg heard.

He then added his own details to the note and submitted it and took seven days off work, seemingly unaware that only women consult gynaecologists.

His employers became suspicious and investigated the matter.

On passing sentence Magistrate Bruno Van Eeden warned Mr Sibindana "not to walk around faking sick letters from gynaecologists" as if he was pregnant, the South African Press Association news agency reported.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6190772.stm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 878 • Replies: 3
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:31 am
A clear case of gender discrimination!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 11:55 pm
Some years ago I overheard a conversation between a couple in their fifties and their niece in her twenties. They were all sitting in the couple's backyard in the summer.

She was at the age when most of her circle were either getting married or already had and were having children. As she related the various things going on among them, she kept referring to the men whose wives were going to have children as pregnant. Quite a few times, I had her flat out say "he's pregnant". No kidding.

Finally, the older woman sweetly and politely asked her about referring to men as being pregnant, and the niece assured them that it was now the norm to refer to both people in the couple as pregnant when a baby was on the way.

This conversation occurred in the early eighties.

I sometimes wonder if she still does this.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:15 am
I wonder if the South American was planning on nursing?
0 Replies