Do You Invite Others to A2K, Or keep it to yourself?

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:40 pm
You is so cute! Yes you is!

Who's a cute widdle bunny? YOU is a cute widdle bunny!! bunny-wunny-wunny-foofoo!

<chucking miss fuzzy-wuzzy under chin>
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:47 am
dlowan wrote:
George wrote:
Oh come on, widdle fuzzy-wuzzy floppy ears.
You know you want a huggy-wugs!

You know that, as a male, your gonads are especially vulnerable to a good kick, don't you?

[Don we now our protective apparel. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002GRVIG.01-A2T3ASM7TOCPQE._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:29 pm
Does anyone feel festive?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 06:06 pm
Festivus:

Festivus is celebrated each year on December 23, but many people celebrate it other times, often in early December. Its slogan is "A Festivus for the rest of us!!" An aluminium pole is generally used in lieu of a Christmas tree or other holiday decoration, shedding holiday materialism. Those attending participate in the "Airing of Grievances" in which each person tells each and everyone else all the ways they've disappointed him/her over the past year, and after a Festivus dinner, The "Feats of Strength" are performed. Traditionally, Festivus is not over until the head of the household is wrestled to the floor and pinned.

Clipped from wiki
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 03:54 am
I think for the most part people on this site are nice, helpful and patient.
I do not have any real friends. I say this because most people do not want to have anything to do with me. They judge me on my looks and couldn't possible believe I can be honest and sincere. When I first came on this site I didn't have a picture, then I did put my real picture on. I found that to be a mistake. Attitudes quickly changed. I admit when I am dumb and do stupid things. Others see this as a weakness. I see it as being honest. People can be so cruel to others and I find that to be sad. I am cruel sometimes, but only when I stick up for myself. I have had to defend my character on this site more than I care to say, but I can only blame myself since I revealed my picture. That is when I started to notice attitudes toward me changed (not for the better). So, here I am again with a picture of a cat. I feel like I am hiding even though my character has not changed.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 04:14 am
Quote:
I'm pretty good at figuring things out, Lord Ellpus, and, although this may come as a shock to you, I believe Penbury is, in actuality, smorgs.

She is one devious wench and there is something sinister about her apparent deception.

Did you think you'd managed to slip that one past me, Gus?

Devious wench - yes

Penbury - no

I know two people who post on here, met two A2K'ers in real life (McT & Clary).

Mostly, when I tell people I belong to an internet forum...

They look at me weird...

x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:39 am
I've mentioned both Abuzz and A2K to a number of family members and friends, but as far as I know no one has followed the bread crumb trail.

As for displaying dirty laundry.... I don't announce every juicy family secret on A2K, but if a particular incident can illustrate a point I'm making, I'm with Bertie, Prince of Wales.

Publish and be damned.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:44 am
Looks like people will never get over ABUZZ...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:18 am
The times I have tried to talk to someone (family & relatives) about this site the person gives me a weird look. I tried today to mention it and I was told "to get a life".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:53 am
2PacksAday- Are you aware of the origin of "Festivus"?

Quote:
The concept of "Festivus" was created in 1966 by Daniel O'Keefe, a former writer for Readers Digest who later wrote the book "Stolen Lightning: The social theory of magic," (Vintage, 1983) A review in the New York Times described the book as "a work of sociology that explores the ways people used cults, astrology and the paranormal as a defense against social pressures."

Years later, O'Keefe's son, Dan O'Keefe introduced the idea of Festivus to the SEINFELD program when he worked as a writer for the show. Dan's father originally chose the day December 23rd in honor of his first date with his wife, Deborah.

http://www.tvacres.com/ceremonies_celebrations_festivus.htm
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 06:10 pm
My family know I like to post to a website but I don't tell them it's YOU! I keep it to myself because I am quite open here about stuff I write and some of it I have not shared with them. I would never invite co-workers or real life friends either because then I can't talk about them here!

A2K is my deep dark dirty little secret.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:14 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
2PacksAday- Are you aware of the origin of "Festivus"?

Quote:
The concept of "Festivus" was created in 1966 by Daniel O'Keefe, a former writer for Readers Digest who later wrote the book "Stolen Lightning: The social theory of magic," (Vintage, 1983) A review in the New York Times described the book as "a work of sociology that explores the ways people used cults, astrology and the paranormal as a defense against social pressures."

Years later, O'Keefe's son, Dan O'Keefe introduced the idea of Festivus to the SEINFELD program when he worked as a writer for the show. Dan's father originally chose the day December 23rd in honor of his first date with his wife, Deborah.

I did not know that, but now I do...thanks Phoenix.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 08:31 pm
Part of the charm of A2K is that all our cliques are home-grown.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:08 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Part of the charm of A2K is that all our cliques are home-grown.

Yup, just like Montana's whatstits.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:18:14