Do You Invite Others to A2K, Or keep it to yourself?

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:15 pm
Do you keep friends from seeing A2K, or do you invite them to participate? I've had just one personal acquaintance sign on, and he didn't fit in. He only posted several times before dropping out. I have a brother that comes here to peep anonomously, but I don't exactly count him.

Mostly, I like to keep this forum away from my offline friends. It avoids complications that way.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,274 • Replies: 93
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:33 pm
I have mentioned it in passing to a few people who I figure won't ever arrive here. The most recent one who I brought it to was my doctor. Now him...yeah, he might end up here.

...and what sort of complications are you expecting Edgarblythe?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:37 pm
Some of my friends are too nosy, particularly ones I work around. I keep my personal life away from them as much as I can.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
Shewolf is my cousin. Other than that I have no friends or relatives that frequent this site.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:53 pm
Re: Do You Invite Others to A2K, Or keep it to yourself?
edgarblythe wrote:
Do you keep friends from seeing A2K, or do you invite them to participate? I've had just one personal acquaintance sign on, and he didn't fit in. He only posted several times before dropping out. I have a brother that comes here to peep anonomously, but I don't exactly count him.

Mostly, I like to keep this forum away from my offline friends. It avoids complications that way.

I really have no one to tell that would care one way or another.

I tell my wife sometime stuff that's happening here, but she never visits the site.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:54 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Shewolf is my cousin.

It's a small world sometimes, ain't it?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:56 pm
I've invited a good cyber-friend to this site, as well as Mr B who looked and told me to have fun Very Happy . The long time cyber-friend (also a Chicagolander) has joined as ASM. She's posted a couple of times and I hope she'll become more active.

Yo, Ade! How was Thanksgiving?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:02 pm
I made the mistake of telling Penbury about A2K, and he ended up posting all over the place, causing all sorts of bloody mayhem.

OUTRAGEOUS!

He changed his name slightly, just to try and fool me, but I soon spotted the bugger.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:08 pm
I'm pretty good at figuring things out, Lord Ellpus, and, although this may come as a shock to you, I believe Penbury is, in actuality, smorgs.

She is one devious wench and there is something sinister about her apparent deception.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:15 pm
You may be right, Gus.

The next time he (she?) bathes me, I'll look on his (her) obvious arousal in a totally different light.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:23 pm
Now now, Lord, smorg's hermaphroditic nature should not enter into this conversation. Let us instead concentrate on his/her A2K multiple identity disorder.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
I keep it a deep secret.

I like having a place that is a kind of separate reality.

My ex knew about it, but kept well away because I asked him to.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:08 pm
My brother told me about A2K and encouraged me to check it out. Now that I can't imagine sharing it with others, I realize just how generous that was.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:23 pm
I couldn't possibly tell friends and relatives about A2K - I would have no place to whine about them behind their backs.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:26 pm
I can believe that you have relatives, Green Witch, but friends?

I believe we all know you better than that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:33 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I can believe that you have relatives, Green Witch, but friends?

I believe we all know you better than that.

Crying or Very sad and I thought you were my friend Gus. I guess I'll just leave now...
(slowly exits as tears stream down face)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:42 pm
<kicks Green Witch in butt as she walks out the door. (but a gentle, loving kick -- a kick that indicates friendship)>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:45 pm
I've told acquaintances about it; for example, people who used to come into our gallery and got talking about art websites. My business partner knew about it, but, lucky for me, scoffed at such a thing. I'd really not have wanted her to see all my nutso posts.

I've tried to recruit a neighbor from LA who is a motormouth on politics and travel to Brazil, Spain, Portugal, and Italy and neighborhood type concerns - he's a fan of the old town square type community meetings back in Massachusetts in times of yore. But he's on dial-up and pretty phobic about the net and how computers work and I've just given up.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:47 pm
osso wrote:
My business partner knew about it, but, lucky for me, scoffed at such a thing.

I have this image of your business partner standing there, scoffing, and, to tell you the truth, it pisses me off.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:49 pm
My wife is involved in the chats in Pogo. She's not interested in a2k. That is, unless she's here in disguise. If she is, who would she be? Hmm. Hadn't thought of that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do You Invite Others to A2K, Or keep it to yourself?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:13:45