Portable Speakers for the New Sony Ericsson Phone (W710i)

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 01:26 pm
I'm interested in the new Sony Ericsson phone for the music features and there are some portable speakers available. However, I cannot find any information on how loud they are, does anyone know? They draw the power from the phone itself so I assume they wont be that loud but I wont bother if the sound is crap.

Many thanks,

DP

x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 917 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:27 pm
If the phone is the sole powersource, the speakers aren't gonna have much in the way of quality. However, a quick trip to the vendor's website turned up a good range of accessories for that phone, including a couple different powered audio docking stations and a phone-powered tunable FM transmitter. It seems that phone also is BlueTooth capable; my cellphone (not a Sony) is too, and with the appropriate vendor-supplied free software and a BlueTooth-capable PC or laptop, 2-way data transfer, including media files, is a snap. I'll note my phone has decent-for-MP3 music quality (which is not saying much) whether through proprietary headphones or BlueTooth-streamed to a computer and played over its sound system.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 01:50 pm
Thanks Timberland. So should I bother or not? I can't listen to music unless it's really loud. The phone looks wicked though. I only understand speaker volume in the old fashioned "watts per channel" language.

x
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 05:30 am
Bother or not is up to you. You're not gonna get much volume from the phone itself; if loud is big for you, look at the FM transmitter, which will let you play the phone's audio files over a nearby FM radio station, or at one of the powered docking stations, or, if supported by your PC, the BlueTooth option, which would let you wirelessly play the phone's audio files over your 'puter's sound system.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 11:20 am
Ok thanks.

Smile

x
0 Replies