Joe Nation Lives!

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:41 am
Gelogist's joke:

Don't drink the water in New York City, it will give the Schist.

Joe(believe what you want)Nation
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:30 am
That's not gneiss.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:31 am
McTag wrote:
That's not gneiss.

Mc(Celtic beat Manchester United last night ha ha)Tag
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:33 am
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
That's not gneiss.

Whoops I meant to hit the EDIT button, but it seems I hit the QUOTE instead.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:33 am
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
That's not gneiss.

If you see what I mean.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:37 am
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
That's not gneiss.

If you see what I mean.

But, on reflection, I had time to use the DELETE POST facility, since most Americans are asleep at the moment (note: not momentarily)

Post in haste, repent at leisure :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 05:15 am
Those posts are the first examples I've seen of McTag quoting someone equal to his wit and intelligence.

Joe(perhaps a little less wine would help)Nation
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:31 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Those posts are the first examples I've seen of McTag quoting someone equal to his wit and intelligence.

Joe(perhaps a little less wine would help)Nation

This is Joe at his best, exhibiting the innate grace and effortless charm of the born diplomat and all-round good egg; and demonstrating, if indeed such a demonstration were needed, just why it is that he has a celebratory thread dedicated only to himself, while we ordinary mortals can only look on in admiration.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:41 am
But he, joe, is an ignorant sot. For example, he hasn't a clue as to why it is important that a basketball team from Boston, the Celtics, beat a softball team from Manchester, Connecticut.

Was it some kind of inter-league mid-winter play?

Joe(all life is self-serve)Nation
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:22 am
Joe Nation wrote:
... he hasn't a clue as to why it is important that a basketball team from Boston, the Celtics, beat a softball team from Manchester, Connecticut.

Was it some kind of inter-league mid-winter play?

Joe(all life is self-serve)Nation

(graciously ignoring that, as obviously a demigod can be forgiven the occasional lapse)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:58 am
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7470/snapshotpq7.jpg Quite dreary this Thanksgiving morn. I was going to go for a run but between the gusts of wind and the darts of slanting rain I was driven back to this keyboard. I guess I will go mix up the pies, get the stuffing ready and chop some of the salad or I could go back to bed.

I know tis just another day there in the British mists but here's wishing you a happy day for you and yours.

Joe(where's that pillow?)Nation
0 Replies

dogboy blues

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 12:36 pm
[now tis just another day there in the British mists but here's wishing you a happy day for you and yours.

Joe(where's that pillow?)Nation]

Thanks Joe, I know a lot of very happy people since you bit the pillow in the election. How are Melinda and Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum? Are you all still writing in school books? I would never try to match wits with them. That would be playing dead.('2 Cents')
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 02:28 pm
What an unpleasant interjection. An alias poster, evidently.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:29 pm
or a deluded one.

Joe(Have a seat at the Cafe Wha?)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 08:10 pm
I'd be willing to bet he's one of those Zthatzne jokester-fakers.

The owls must've missed one.

E(explains a lot, it does)va
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
I fixed L's link: it says Handmade Jewelry.

It was missing a few days ago. I changed the templete a little and left it off.

Joe(am I hearing about that)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 09:34 pm
I found it yesterday and was impressed with both the designs and the pricing.

Tell L she isn't charging enough.

Seriously.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 11:31 pm
I haven't run competitively in many years but in 1979 I ran the Boston Bonnie Belle 10K Marathon in drag! The race was only open for women (it has since been renamed the Tufts 10K) but my girlfriend had injured her ankle and could not run it. Knowing that this was a qualifier and that she wanted to run more marathons, I did the chivalrous thing and took her number pretending to be her. I had a couple of friends from the Emerson College makeup department give me a tied back wig, fake breasts and some materials to hide Mr Happy. As I was running I thought to myself, "If I really kick it I could win this thing". I forged ahead to 12th place before my nerve gave out and I dropped back. I could have won that race and been famous. Damn!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:25 am
Eva wrote:
I found it yesterday and was impressed with both the designs and the pricing.

Tell L she isn't charging enough.

Seriously.

I visited Lola's store (sorry, I'm British, I can't talk like that) jewellery boutique while I was in New York, and it was most impressive. And, I bought my wife a necklace there and she is absolutely thrilled with it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:58 am
NickFun wrote:
I haven't run competitively in many years but in 1979 I ran the Boston Bonnie Belle 10K Marathon in drag! The race was only open for women (it has since been renamed the Tufts 10K) but my girlfriend had injured her ankle and could not run it. Knowing that this was a qualifier and that she wanted to run more marathons, I did the chivalrous thing and took her number pretending to be her. I had a couple of friends from the Emerson College makeup department give me a tied back wig, fake breasts and some materials to hide Mr Happy. As I was running I thought to myself, "If I really kick it I could win this thing". I forged ahead to 12th place before my nerve gave out and I dropped back. I could have won that race and been famous. Damn!

Sounds like Emerson hasn't changed at all. (Except no one I was in school with there did any running except from the cops in front of the Arlington Street Church during the protests.)

==
Haven't been to Lola's (such shameful behavior on my part) but I've seen some pics. Really good.

L is a genius (except for the part about marrying me) and is the only artist I've ever met who is actually about her pieces (except for my son, the musician, but that's due to dysfunctional DNA)

Joe(I would say more but there is five miles of Central Park waiting)Nation
0 Replies