Joe Nation Lives!

Eva

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:16 am
HE SURVIVED!!!

I can hardly believe it! After being speared through the chest and tossed heavenward by the Zthatzne Flinging Tower, Joe didn't die!

It's a miracle!!!

Like me, you may have been wondering what all this was about. Moral dilemma be dam*ed. There had to be more to it than that. Right? I mean, we know Joe. Great imagination and all that, but he's hardly the self-sacrificial type.

It has taken me a few weeks, a couple thousand dollars and the services of a team of private investigators, but I have finally found the answer to this mystery.

It was all an elaborate plan.

As most of you know, Joe is an avid runner. He has been competing in a series of increasingly challenging races. All he's been talking about for the last few months is running. (I know, it's been a little boring, hasn't it?....yawn...)

Turns out, Joe's gotten a little too deep into this stuff. He's been binging on coffee drinks, staying awake at night trying to think up foolproof strategies to win the next race. This time, he went a little overboard.

He was fixated on the Staten Island Half-Marathon. Weeks of training, gallons of sweat, but it was obvious he'd need to do a lot more to win this one. Once he saw the Zthatzne's Flinging Tower, it gave him an idea. If that thing were pointed in juuuuust the right direction, it could...maybe, just possibly...fling him as far as New York City.

The morning of his "execution," Joe dressed in his best running clothes, pinned on his race number and attached the chip to his left shoe. If his timing was just right....

SPROING!!!!

Joe sped through the stratosphere like a Zozyeoni-Woohoo bird on Red Bull. When he came down, he was just ahead of the pack rounding the last bend before the finish line. He literally hit the ground running...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/6051/370/1600/scan%20Staten%20Island.0.jpg

The pain from the spear that had been thrust through his chest was almost unbearable, but he only had a kilometer to go...

HE WON!!!!!

Congratulations, Joe!

Now please, go home and rest. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,140 • Replies: 42
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:43 am
What a great picture of Joe!!

You did well, Eva, and your investigational skills certainly paid off!
(I hope Joe will reimburse you)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:48 am
He fooled you again. That picture is a cardboard cutout. I was talking to the guy who had to carry it round.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:58 pm
Right on Joe!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:39 pm
I sure hope Joe will reimburse me, CJ. I know he can afford it now that he has the prize money from winning the race.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:51 pm
I'm trusting McT on this one; it's only a cardboard. I believe Joe(onhoneymoon)Nation was delayed by passion.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:57 pm
And after all this time and worry, all I get is a little white box with a red X in it! Not even a blurry pic! Bah humbug!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:43 am
Well done, 4993!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:44 am
I believe I may be permitted to say, I met Joe at Bernie's recently (after the marathon) and a very charming gent he is. But in deep cover. He wore a burqua.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:55 am
lezzles wrote:
And after all this time and worry, all I get is a little white box with a red X in it! Not even a blurry pic! Bah humbug!

This better?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3253/scan20staten20island0if8.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:13 am
The photo is from a local traffic control camera.

Onlookers reported what they thought was a blue dump truck with it's brakes off hurdling down the hills. Tickets were issued for reckless endangerment and making a pass at the race director's wife.

==
Upon completion of tomorrow's GodsLoveWeDeliver race, I will qualify to run in the ING New York City Marathon 2007.

Joe(it will be an uphill battle)Nation
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:38 pm
Thank you so much Ticomaya. After all this time since Joe disappeared, I really needed the confirmation of his resurrection. Much appreciated. Smile
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 02:18 am
lezzles wrote:
Thank you so much Ticomaya. After all this time since Joe disappeared, I really needed the confirmation of his resurrection. Much appreciated. Smile

Thanks from me too.
I couldn't see anything either.
Glad to see Joe is still around. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 12:52 pm
Yeah, Joe(witty)Nation is one of my favorites on A2K too!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:22 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Thanks ya'll. Very sweet comments are easy to chew on....

Today, at approximately 10:38 AM, I finished my final qualifying race for the ING New York Marathon 2007.

Joe(all that's left to do is a year of training)Nation
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
Joe(in training)Nation, Go ye to Kenya, and come back a "winner."
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:35 pm
Have you thought of our City to Surf?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:16 pm
He wrote:
Joe(all that's left to do is a year of training)Nation

After being condemned to death, speared through the chest and flung all the way from Isla Mujes to NYC...a little more jogging doesn't sound so hard.

You can do it, Joe!

(I am awfully relieved to hear you're planning to win this one the traditional way.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:24 am
True, all true, too true, except for the spearing part, that was a scam on their part, the truth of it is this:

The Zthatzne (pronounce z-HATS-knee) (try to make it sound like an old man's sneeze),

The Zthatzne are the jokester-fakers of the universe. There are not six or eight of them left, there are some sixty thousand, it's just that most of them are invisible and one inch tall. That's all.

Oh, and they made up all that stuff about song-poems and birds and stabbing through the heart and flinging because they are the jokester-fakers of the universe and wanted to get to Central Park. They didn't know that until they met me. I showed them pictures from the Ramblehttp://www.centralpark2000.com/assets/database/ramble.jpg and they liked that it was shady and near a source of beans.

(they can live on one bean a day.)(and the shade is helping them change the color of their skin to a darker brown. They are mostly pink at the moment which is bad with all the owls nearby.)

So they are in Central Park now having gotten there either in my baggage or in their space ship, they won't tell me exactly and think it's quite funny that I don't remember.

How was Halloween?

I bring them a bag of beans every couple of days.

They are quite efficient hunters and have outfitted themselves nicely with mouse skins and the remnants of two of my old running sweatshirts.

I could be in trouble because of bringing in all these illegal aliens.

Worse than that : they are illegal alien aliens.

Joe(Other than that I am leading an ordinary life)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:31 am
We need you to enter a therapy session four, maybe five times a week. You are not only still living, but youre embellishing this fantasy. People worry about you (not me of course, Im just hear to learn new words to impress people).
PS welcome back from wherever the hell you were. Hope your trip was enjoyable and I hope you recorded the geology because there will be a spot quiz. CI is putting it together and Im helping with the rockology.
0 Replies