Stairs and the urge to run up them

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:34 pm
Osso--

Some memories are pleasant. Some memories are vivid.

Ah, the Curse of Eve.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:38 pm
I figure there was something symbolic about the location..
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:33 pm
patiodog, I agree. Running up stairs is like giving yourself one punch in the gut vs wearing a corset all day.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:56 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Very. Very very very.

And Virginia, too. Good stuff.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:15 pm
Osso--

Quote:

Symbolic? Aye, and phallic. And a forshadowing of the feminist movement.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:47 pm
I didn't think that far, Noddy... re the feminists.

mostly, in retrospect, I think it was funny.

I've been to Washington once since then, in the late eighties with my husband, and we grass surfed* the Mall at midnight in May. I'd no need to reclimb those stairs..

*not a sexual allusion, though a sort of foreplay - except that the grass was thick and neat to almost skate on, and the monuments were well lighted: sort of a surreal experience, sensual in its way.

The mall is being re-designed.. not sure if people can midnight grass surf there anymore.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:57 pm
In my youth (up to about age 50), I used to hop, skip, and jump stairs with the best. I sometimes half-run up stairs, but not often. I think my age has something to do with that. I still walk people movers and up escalators sometimes, so my energy level is still pretty decent.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:13 pm
...In my youth (up to about age 50)... Rolling Eyes

i think c.i. is giving up early ; how do you describe life after 50 ?
i'd say to anyone reaching age 70 : the best is yet to come :wink:
(but i'd better NOT give a description of what is to come - don't want to scare anyone Laughing ) .
hbg (they say that as you get older , you become childish again Idea )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:20 pm
hbg, I'm 71. My brain still tells me I'm still young, but that's gotten me into trouble more than once. I no longer climb ladders to clean out the gutters or trim our trees. My mind tells me I'm capable, but I know better! LOL
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:34 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
In my youth (up to about age 50), I used to hop, skip, and jump stairs with the best. I sometimes half-run up stairs, but not often. I think my age has something to do with that. I still walk people movers and up escalators sometimes, so my energy level is still pretty decent.

So what you're saying is that I should enjoy running up the stairs for the next 5 months or so 'cause after that it's all downhill (so to speak) Very Happy ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:05 pm
Tai Chi, Never consider it "down hill." It's only understanding some realities of the aging body. When I travel, I still see some older folks like in their eighties and nineties still very active. They are symbol of encouragement for young pharts like me!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:01 pm
c.i. wrote :
"My brain still tells me I'm still young, but that's gotten me into trouble more than once."

hmmm , that probably means that c.i. is still up to all kinds of mischief ...
but he is not as fast any more when it comes to a quick 'get-away' . Rolling Eyes
hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:17 pm
hbg, I don't do anything that will require a "quick getaway," because I know better. Wink
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:24 pm
yea , yea , yea :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:08:07