Husband turns into wife after transplant

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:49 am
Husband turns into wife after transplant
Ananova
11/6/06

A man says he is turning into his wife after receiving one of her kidneys.

Ian Gammons' wife Lynda donated one of her kidneys to Ian when he became ill with Nephrotic Syndrome.

Before the transplant Mr Gammons hated cooking, shopping and gardening reports the Daily Mail.

Now he enjoys all those pastimes and has even begun to share his wife's love of dogs, an animal he previously despised.

According to the Daily Mail Mr Gammons from Spalding, Lincolnshire said: "It sounds absolutely ridiculous but I think I've inherited some of Lynda's personality traits since I got her kidney.

"I've started to enjoy cooking quite a lot - particularly baking - which I was never interested in before. I love making scones and cakes and stuff like that. My daughters tell me that they are very good. I never liked shopping. But since the transplant I like going round the shops and looking for bargains.

"I was never very keen on pets. I never wanted a dog. After the operation Lynda suggested we should get a dog, and I jumped at the chance."

Mrs Gammons said: "I noticed it after a few months. He said something and it just struck me, that he said exactly what I would have said."

Many scientists are sceptical that transplant patients can inherit character traits from the donor known as 'cellular memory.'

This is the notion that living cells ' memorise' and recall characteristics of the previous body.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 614 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:53 am
I don't envy his having to go through The Change.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:00 pm
Blaise
BlaiseDaley wrote:
I don't envy his having to go through The Change.

We could send him a fan to help with his hot flashes.

BBB Laughing
0 Replies