Liposuction, doggie style.

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:28 pm
Well damn. My dog gets mast cell tumors. She's a Boxer, it kind of comes with the territory. Hers are low-ish grade tumors, so that's good. She just had surgery for 3 tumors to be removed, we thought for sure they were all mast cell lumps, but we weren't able to pull cells to prove that. Turns out that 2 of the 3 were fatty tissue deposits. So, basically, I just spent about $500.00 to give my dog the equivelant of liposuction.

Oy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,951 • Replies: 28
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:38 pm
little k, you could just put her on a low carb diet and the treadmill ya know.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:39 pm
Hmmmmm.... much more cost-effective.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:45 pm
boxers seem to have all sorts of problems and people still buy them. My secretary has 2 and they are the loveablelest doofuses ever. They act like big tough guys and when they let you in, they wont leave you alone cuz theyre carrying these damn squeaky toys around and bringing them into your face.
My secretarys husband is a great runner and has the dogs go with him on his daily. This is good cuz a dog must be made tired at least once a day.

All large dogs have the genetic disposition to become couch potatoes
dont let this happen
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:49 pm
farmerman - sounds like you've got the Boxer personality type down pat! Bootsie is ok, now at age 8, with a 2-3 hard runs a week. Poor thing isn't allowed off-leash with the sutures though. Boxers are considered mid-sized dogs, I believe. But, I take your point.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:49 pm
boxers are cool dogs, especially if big thick knots of drool are your thing. Shocked Very Happy

truly, I really like them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 04:50 pm
Bootsie does NOT drool. Really.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 05:50 pm
Littlek
I feel for ya girl! $500 is a lot of cash to people like us ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 06:22 pm
Bootsie doesn't drool? Rolling Eyes Who was that dog on the end of my mattress, then? Shocked
I love that dog. Liposuction, oh my.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 06:33 pm
She doesn't drool! Once in a while she drips little droplets - not a long sinuous slobber that I associate with "drooling" - and that only when she's begging something particularly tempting.

Montana you'd not believe how much money I've spent on the pets in the last 2.5 years.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 06:37 pm
I can only imagine Littlek!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 06:43 pm
me too, I'm afraid to total it up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 07:47 pm
Cor blimey, I say, cor blimey!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 08:30 pm
Pacco doesn't drool either, he merely drops drips from time to time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:29 pm
Right Osso!

deb - wot?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:38 pm
Wot wot, wot?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:40 pm
I drool at the thought!
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 04:39 pm
Littlek:

JayBea had Boston Bullies all the time she grew up, and her parents had them long after she left home.

You can't feel bad about being careful ... The last Bully they had was just filled with these things ... When they finally took the poor thing to the Vet, he said all that could be done was to put him to sleep. The pain he was in had to be unbearable, and there was no way to get them all out at that point. Her mother felt guilt for years for putting "Buster" through all that hell!

You just paid $500 for the certainly of knowing your Boxer is doing well. That's cheap knowledge!

Anon
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 07:03 am
I agree with Anon. If these things were painful for him, then you did the right thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 08:36 am
Thanks guys. I'm not so sure these are painful, but Boo is as stoic as a dog can get. I just want better diagnostics so I can stop taking out the non-mast cell tumors.
0 Replies