0
   

Caffeinated Sports Drinks Should Require Age Verification

 
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:40 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Recently?


Woman, I have been telling you for almost 2 years..




recently my ass..


Actually it goes back over 2000 years when Roman women used lead to whiten their complexions. Not to mention thousands of years of "snake oil salesmen". The difference is that in our times people should know better. Why people like to make a buck off of other people's suffering I will never understand.
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:43 am
Lead?............. no way.. LEAD?

Amazing. Simply amazing.

And yes. I agree it is an age old problem. Though the thought of lead blows my mind.. it is because I have been taught that it was not ok for my body.

If only there was as much funding for the education of the common person on what chemicals REALLY do to you, as much as there is in PROMOTING those chemicals ( Bella's baby products being a good example of promotional funding) then maybe we could all get some where



(shaking my head) lead.. jeezzeee ow
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 01:32 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Recently?


Woman, I have been telling you for almost 2 years..




recently my ass..


That's recent in the grand scheme of things. :wink:
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 01:43 pm
I know.

I cant pass up an opportunity to rib you on something now can i...
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 02:35 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I say all this because I was just recently educated on how bad all of the products we use every day are for us.

The chemicals and crap they put into our deoderant, face wash, soap, shampoo, perfume, makeup, etc is terrible and it's no wonder we're (Americans in general) always sick and crappy feeling.

I think that caffeine is by far the lesser of the many evils out there.


Now you seem more concerned Bella by what we put on our skin versus what we eat and drink?

I don't understand that one bit. Please explain? Also deodorant is not marketed as something to potentually give you "energy". and it is not given a deceptive name like "rockstar".
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 02:46 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:


that's it... children are shooting up the schools as a cry for real fruit juices and help. My God, you're a genius.
Glad you can make light of childrens health issues.


Rex, do you care as much that corporations are strip mining mountains, polluting our water and air with heavy metals and creating products like Scotchguard and Teflon that poison our children? Or is it more important to have a strong economy?


Why did you skip my question? I'm being sincere.


Course not.
He isn't worried about the toxins and chemicals in our shampoo, or the hormones and antibiotics in our meat.


You should see the letter I wrote to Calgon over two years ago concerning sodium laureth sulfate.

After soaking in it I read the ingredients. (and this was the spa formula) I assumed they would put essential oils etc but instead it was pure chemicals sodium laureth sulfate...

and I quote: I said in my letter, "What makes you think I would want to soak in these noxious chemicals!"

In all respect, please don't put words in my mouth Bella. Apparently you don't think that hard about what you put in your own mouth.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 02:56 pm
I am actually a moderate republican. I am not an independent because I don't think anyone should be independent from their own conscience. I am not a liberal because many democrats carry liberty too far for my own taste just as many republicans push their religious principles to far also. Given the choice of too many principles or none I prefer to simply associate my self with a "moderate" principled structured "idea" contained in the republican framework...
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 03:09 pm
RexRed wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
I say all this because I was just recently educated on how bad all of the products we use every day are for us.

The chemicals and crap they put into our deoderant, face wash, soap, shampoo, perfume, makeup, etc is terrible and it's no wonder we're (Americans in general) always sick and crappy feeling.

I think that caffeine is by far the lesser of the many evils out there.


Now you seem more concerned Bella by what we put on our skin versus what we eat and drink?

I don't understand that one bit. Please explain? Also deodorant is not marketed as something to potentually give you "energy". and it is not given a deceptive name like "rockstar".



Uh, what we put on our skin goes straight into our bodies so it's almost the same thing.

And no, deoderant is not marketed as anything except to keep you smelling nice. But they fail to tell you that it could make you sick.
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
RexRed wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:


that's it... children are shooting up the schools as a cry for real fruit juices and help. My God, you're a genius.
Glad you can make light of childrens health issues.


Rex, do you care as much that corporations are strip mining mountains, polluting our water and air with heavy metals and creating products like Scotchguard and Teflon that poison our children? Or is it more important to have a strong economy?


Why did you skip my question? I'm being sincere.


Course not.
He isn't worried about the toxins and chemicals in our shampoo, or the hormones and antibiotics in our meat.


You should see the letter I wrote to Calgon over two years ago concerning sodium laureth sulfate.

After soaking in it I read the ingredients. (and this was the spa formula) I assumed they would put essential oils etc but instead it was pure chemicals sodium laureth sulfate...

and I quote: I said in my letter, "What makes you think I would want to soak in these noxious chemicals!"

In all respect, please don't put words in my mouth Bella. Apparently you don't think that hard about what you put in your own mouth.


Why would you say that? Because I am not against letting people make their own decisions?

Cigarettes are legal, alcohol is legal and both are bad for your body. McDonald's is killing us, Burger King is killing us and yet all those fast food places are legal.

You put a ban on energy drinks and you might as well fight to put a ban on fast food too.
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 03:14 pm
Where then, Rex, do you plan to draw the line?

Make everything that's bad for you illegal?

Or let people decide what they want to do with their own bodies? And hold parents responsible for their kids actions, not society?
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 05:55 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Where then, Rex, do you plan to draw the line?

Make everything that's bad for you illegal?

Or let people decide what they want to do with their own bodies? And hold parents responsible for their kids actions, not society?


The point I am making is that children (many without proper supervision) are not mature enough to make these types of decisions and parents are either not informed or "liberal" democrats. You seem to prove my case in point by your flippant concern for teens. A few stop gaps could save lives otherwise ruined by school shootings and suicide.

I see hypocrisy here, you appear to want to limit with government what "adults" in big corporations do with their own money (which I am all for in many cases) yet you think parents, (who do not have stock holders to kowtow to or boards of trustees to advise them etc) can make well informed decisions concerning the health of their children? What caring parents would feed their children speed anyway? What loving attentive parents would knowingly increase the anxiety levels in their own kids? Ever had a caffeine headache from withdrawl?

Today's children poisoned by caffeine become tomorrows CEO's (or more likely the homeless on welfare)... You don't seem to want to face reality. Have you looked in the gutter lately? It is not a pretty place.
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:14 pm
RexRed wrote:

The point I am making is that children (many without proper supervision) are not mature enough to make these types of decisions and parents are either not informed or "liberal" democrats. You seem to prove my case in point by your flippant concern for teens.


I've heard "liberal democrats" being blamed for a lot of crazy things, but allowing their children to overdose on caffeine is just the wackiest of all. I worked on Wall St for years, no one was downing more caffeine than those Republican stock brokers, investment bankers and corporate lawyers. I've also worked in the art industry where almost everyone was a liberal Democrat, their preferred drink was expensive bottled water or white wine. I think you need to do some research to forward your ideas here.

RexRed wrote:
Todays children poisoned by caffeine become tomorrows CEO's (or more likely the homeless on welfare)...


This statement is just silly. You are saying excessive caffeine will create either CEO's or welfare queens? What an extreme. You will find that the majority of CEO's have been raised in white, Republican families. Most people on welfare are coming from families that have no political affiliations, as they are too busy trying to survive to worry about who is going to Washington. If you're theory is correct - then the expansion of Starbucks is the end of civilization as we know it. I don't have to worry about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but rather a double espresso frappaccino, iced, with whip cream and extra cinnamon.

Actually caffeine has many health benefits:

Health Benefits of Caffeine
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:22 pm
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

The point I am making is that children (many without proper supervision) are not mature enough to make these types of decisions and parents are either not informed or "liberal" democrats. You seem to prove my case in point by your flippant concern for teens.


I've heard "liberal democrats" being blamed for a lot of crazy things, but allowing their children to overdose on caffeine is just the wackiest of all. I worked on Wall St for years, no one was downing more caffeine than those Republican stock brokers, investment bankers and corporate lawyers. I've also worked in the art industry where almost everyone was a liberal Democrat, their preferred drink was expensive bottled water or white wine. I think you need to do some research to forward your ideas here.

RexRed wrote:
Todays children poisoned by caffeine become tomorrows CEO's (or more likely the homeless on welfare)...


This statement is just silly. You are saying excessive caffeine will create either CEO's or welfare queens? What an extreme. You will find that the majority of CEO's have been raised in white, Republican families. Most people on welfare are coming from families that have no political affiliations, as they are too busy trying to survive to worry about who is going to Washington. If you're theory is correct - then the expansion of Starbucks is the end of civilization as we know it. I don't have to worry about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but rather a double espresso frappaccino, iced, with whip cream and extra cinnamon.

Actually caffeine has many health benefits:

Health Benefits of Caffeine


First of all who do you think put out the health facts about caffeine? The same people who pedal it to kids. Just as doctors used to prescribe cigaretts for everything from warts to prenadal depression.

And, are you saying that only republicans are rich on Wall Street? What about George Soros and Michael Moore are they drinking bottled water?

Your stereotypes are weaker than a wet paper towel. You are only clouding the issue.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:25 pm
I am a republican, I am certainly not rich and I drink tap water.

Don't Soros and Moore own stock in Starbucks or was it Exxon Mobile and McDonalds?
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:30 pm
RexRed wrote:
I am a republican, I am certainly not rich and I drink tap water.


I am a democrat (usually), I am certainly not rich and I drink tap water.

Prejudice and generalizations about race, gender, religion, politics and nationalities are why we fight wars. Bad for people and other living things.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:41 pm
Surely true.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:42 pm
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:
I am a republican, I am certainly not rich and I drink tap water.


I am a democrat (usually), I am certainly not rich and I drink tap water.

Prejudice and generalizations about race, gender, religion, politics and nationalities are why we fight wars. Bad for people and other living things.


Well it seems we are kindred souls. Yet I sill fear for the youth for not all people are a sensible as we seem to be. (I usually aspire to be) I believe in social standards for kids until they are old enough to decide for themselves. I know what trailer park mentality leads to and something needs to change.

Some parents simply don't parent.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:45 pm
Mr Red wrote:
I know what trailer park mentality leads to
Your encyclopedic knowledge of all things continues to amaze.
0 Replies
 
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:49 pm
I'm poor, but tap water scares hell outta me. I been in the plant, and replaced many a supply pipe at the delivery level...
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:56 pm
Rockhead wrote:
I'm poor, but tap water scares hell outta me. I been in the plant, and replaced many a supply pipe at the delivery level...


Depends where you live. I have my own well and the water is excellent. I should bottle it and sell it: Green Witch Pure Mountain Spring Water

The majority of bottled water is from a municipal tap and the plastic from the bottle leaches into the water.
0 Replies
 
 

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/07/2020 at 01:06:27