Caffeinated Sports Drinks Should Require Age Verification

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:24 am
Time for you dems to get in sync and stop feeding speed to your kids!

I have been saying this as you can see for quite some time yet the liberal dems on this forum seem to see no need for age verification? Maybe this article above will change your "tune" (more like sour notes) a bit if you won't listen to a moderate rebug. And that article above is mild compared to the actual truth of the teens abusing the stuff. Once again big corporations poising our youth so they can corrupt them with "girls gone wild" ads (blasted on the sci-fi channel of all places!) and unprotected sex and unrestricted drug use taught in classrooms in Colorado.

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER ASKED YOURSELF WHAT CAFFEINE DOES TO BRAIN CELLS? Answer: It totally restructures their composition not unlike HEROINE and CRYSTAL METH!
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:54 am
Thomas wrote:
Or maybe you're just a sissy when it comes to caffeine, begrudgig other people for the pleasure they get out of it and you can't.

You mean begrudging "children" the "pleasure" of not being sissys and taking their crack like many loser adults? (cynical)
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 01:00 am
So 62% of you a2k'ers think it is fine to allow your children to suck up high energy drinks until they can't relax their legs (RLS) and they become angry all the time and don't know why and their muscles spasm and pull rendering them useless in athletics and sports.

Join the club of LOSERS courtesy of Maxwell House and Red Bull!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:12 am
So you want to impose a law to restrict coffee too?

Coffee, generic brewed (8 oz.) 133mg

Or Excedrin?

Excedrin (Extra Strength -2 tablets) 130mg

Caf Chart
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:47 am
RexRed wrote:
Time for you dems to get in sync and stop feeding speed to your kids!

I have been saying this as you can see for quite some time yet the liberal dems on this forum seem to see no need for age verification? Maybe this article above will change your "tune" (more like sour notes) a bit if you won't listen to a moderate rebug. And that article above is mild compared to the actual truth of the teens abusing the stuff. Once again big corporations poising our youth so they can corrupt them with "girls gone wild" ads (blasted on the sci-fi channel of all places!) and unprotected sex and unrestricted drug use taught in classrooms in Colorado.

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER ASKED YOURSELF WHAT CAFFEINE DOES TO BRAIN CELLS? Answer: It totally restructures their composition not unlike HEROINE and CRYSTAL METH!

time for dems? What, republicans don't drink coffe or Red bull? Guess again. who gave you this information? Gay Jesus?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:48 am
RexRed wrote:
No wonder why kids are shooting up their schools...

It is a cry for help...

The schools are pumping them full of sugar (chocolate/caffeine), soda (caffeine), artificial coloring and preservatives that aren't fit for any life form.

Maybe these kids who shoot up their schools should be called activists instead of murders? (cynical)

that's it... children are shooting up the schools as a cry for real fruit juices and help. My God, you're a genius.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 09:29 am
Mr Red wrote:
cynical
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
RexRed wrote:
No wonder why kids are shooting up their schools...

It is a cry for help...

The schools are pumping them full of sugar (chocolate/caffeine), soda (caffeine), artificial coloring and preservatives that aren't fit for any life form.

Maybe these kids who shoot up their schools should be called activists instead of murders? (cynical)

that's it... children are shooting up the schools as a cry for real fruit juices and help. My God, you're a genius.

Glad you can make light of childrens health issues.

Thanks for proving my point for me. It is easy to be a genius around such idiots.

"Gay Jesus"? Is this the dems version of God? Please enlighten me.

And republicans are so drug crazed these days I forgot to include them (cynical)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:29 am
Mr Red wrote:
And republicans are so drug crazed these days I forgot to include them (cynical)
Just one brilliant line after another.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:30 am
RexRed wrote:

Rex, do you care as much that corporations are strip mining mountains, polluting our water and air with heavy metals and creating products like Scotchguard and Teflon that poison our children? Or is it more important to have a strong economy?
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:32 am
Bella Dea wrote:
So you want to impose a law to restrict coffee too?

Coffee, generic brewed (8 oz.) 133mg

Or Excedrin?

Excedrin (Extra Strength -2 tablets) 130mg

Caf Chart

Exactly! When I was a child, children were not allowed to drink coffee. WHAT HAPPENED? Add sugar and call it colada and suddenly parents are pumping them full with the drug. Let's also not forget chocolate which is also a drug and sugar in massive doses (breakfast cereal) that would make an ox ill.

Why not just inject them before they go to school, cuts down on the coffee bad breath and doesn't rot their teeth out before they are fourteen? (cynical)

I suppose if republicans do it too that excuses it... (cynical)

Was it not the democratic party that absorbed the hippy free love generation, welcomed them with open arms? Should we ask Obama?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:57 am
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Rex, do you care as much that corporations are strip mining mountains, polluting our water and air with heavy metals and creating products like Scotchguard and Teflon that poison our children? Or is it more important to have a strong economy?

Why did you skip my question? I'm being sincere.
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:03 am
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I care deeply about those issues also and "children are our most precious natural resource". The economy should never trump the health of the earth or children and the public in general.

People keep talking about a "level playing field" using that as an excuse to break ethical codes of conduct themselves. Why not set an example?

Today even trash is big business where it only takes forward thinking to solve many of these problems of waste and excess.
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:05 am
dyslexia wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
cynical

WOW Dys! You still never cease to amaze me with your ability to copy and paste. Smile

Can you say, "irritable bowel syndrome"?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:22 am
RexRed wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I care deeply about those issues also and "children are our most precious natural resource". The economy should never trump the health of the earth or children and the public in general.

People keep talking about a "level playing field" using that as an excuse to break ethical codes of conduct themselves. Why not set an example?

Today even trash is big business where it only takes forward thinking to solve many of these problems of waste and excess.

Thank you for answering. I agree with you. While I'm not a flag waving Democrat, I don't understand your support of the Republican party that has certainly done more to hurt the weakest people in our country. Everything from decreasing health services to children to passing laws that favor giving corporations a license to pollute. I understand your feelings about companies that market crappy products, like these energy drinks, but I don't understand your defense of the party that makes it easy for companies to get away with greed over good. It has mostly been Republicans that have advocated putting fast food into school cafeterias to keep down taxes. Almost all bills that allow weaker food safety regulations have been Republican sponsored. I can condemn Bill Clinton for giving the southern chicken producers like Tyson plenty of perks, but the main wave of bad food ideas have been sponsored by the other party.

Have you read Michael Pollan's book "The Omnivore's Dilemma" or "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser. They will really get the fire going under you. Personally, I think the problem can be solved when people just reject junk food and demand the government stop giving Agra-biz a profitable reason to make this crap. However, I'm not ready to outlaw caffeine laced drinks. I think, in this case, education is a better solution.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:23 am
Green Witch wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Course not.
He isn't worried about the toxins and chemicals in our shampoo, or the hormones and antibiotics in our meat.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:25 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Course not.
He isn't worried about the toxins and chemicals in our shampoo, or the hormones and antibiotics in our meat.

He did answer me Bella - see above.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:27 am
I saw that. But to me, those things are FAR worse and FAR more of a threat than caffiene.

No one seems to care about those things because it's not convenient.

It all comes down to CHOICE.

We can choose organic meats or we can choose cheap meats.

We can choose baby shampoo made by Huggies or the more expensive brands that don't contain harmful chemicals.

Same as we can choose what our kids drink. At least until they are old enough to make their own decisions.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:32 am
I say all this because I was just recently educated on how bad all of the products we use every day are for us.

The chemicals and crap they put into our deoderant, face wash, soap, shampoo, perfume, makeup, etc is terrible and it's no wonder we're (Americans in general) always sick and crappy feeling.

I think that caffeine is by far the lesser of the many evils out there.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:35 am
Recently?

Woman, I have been telling you for almost 2 years..

recently my ass..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:03:36