Tipping Etiquette

Eorl

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 10:08 pm
In Australia, we don't do no tippin' to nobody, never.

(Confuses the hell out of us when we travel overseas)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:20 am
one time the cashier actually picked up the tip cup, shook it, and put it back down emphatically before ringing up my food.

guess who didn't get diddly squat?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:00 am
Holy crap! $120 for a haircut/color? Are you girls absolutely nuts?

I have never paid that kind of money!!! There again, my hair looks like shite, but I don't care. I get a trim at supercuts for $10 every couple of months and tip the hairdresser $4. I color my hair myself $9.99 every coupla months.

If I was charged $120 for approximately an hours attention (or thereabouts), considering the cost of the materials and labor and overhead, I am most definitely thinking a bloody hefty tip is already included!

I went to a hairdresser once (years ago) who sneakily talked me into a fancy cut, highlights, and so on and then when she presented me with the bill, I didn't have enough cash. This was in Ireland (I didn't have a credit card or ID on me). Anyway, she had no option but to take the cash I had on me and make do. She threatened and yelled but as I told her manager if she had been clear with me and explained as she went along how much each "addition" was, I would have been able to tell her not to bother. She was one of these insistent types who wouldn't take no for an answer and cajoled me into getting this and that. I got an $80 haircut/color for thirty bucks that day! I wouldn't get away with it here!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:16 am
Heeven, if it makes you any saner, I don't spend $125 either, although I know people who do.

I go to a place called Ulta and have a regular hairdresser there. $35.00 plus $10 tip because I just think she's so gosh darn cute. I go every couple of months.

I dye my hair myself too. That way I can keep up with the roots.

Oh BTW, the only reason your hair looks like shite is because you get $10 haircuts at Cost Cutters.

Really, they are terrible.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:37 am
I've had more expensive haircuts at swanky salons and believe-you-me the hair doesn't look any better.

It's the hair, not the cut. I have shite hair!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:39 am
I mean look at that tuft at the top of my head!

I apply copious amounts of spit and it WILL NOT stay down!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:43 am
Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 04:17 pm
i get my hair cut once a month by an old-fashioned (italian from sicily) barber - whether it needs it or not ! - 12 bucks plus two dollar tip !
we are like old friends !
haven't started colouring my hair yet - even though paul has offered to do it :wink: .
he has a large bottle of "grecian formula" standing by the mirror and told me that quite a few guys ask for a shot of it .
hbg
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 05:32 pm
I only go for the $120.00 hair about once a year.Usually in the spring I'm in the mood for some foiled highlights. The rest of the year I get a $30.00 cut. But my hair is getting longer so I don't even go every 6 weeks
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tipping Etiquette
  3. » Page 20
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:28:56