U.S. SEX OFFENDER GOES TO CANADA

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:19 pm
a new type of punishment has been imposed by a u.s. judge upon a sex offender :
he can either go to canada ... or go to jail !
that'll teach them american criminals ... sent them to canada so they'll learn how to behave ... if they don't die of boredom before they are re-habilitated :wink: .
certainly one of the stranger judgements ... seems that the judge must have spent some time in canada and must have seen it as punishment .
hbg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ontario's premier is calling for the federal government to help keep Canada from becoming a "dumping ground" for offenders after a U.S. judge allowed a man to be exiled to this country as punishment.

After American citizen Malcolm Watson, a former teacher, was convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old student, a New York state judge gave him the choice between exile or time behind bars."

...U.S JUDGE SAYS : GO TO CANADA ... OR ELSE ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:44 pm
Hey, hamburger. I'm a former teacher and I've always wanted to go to Canada. Know any available 15 year old guys? Razz

Seriously, that IS insulting. I do know that the conscientious objecters fled to Canada during the Vietnam War. Finally, Jimmy Carter gave them amnesty. See? Not all Americans make dumb decisions.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:51 pm
letty :
perhaps i should have posted under "jokes" :wink: ?
i guess i'm laughing and crying at the same time .
if this guy truly is a sex-offender , he probably needs some help and counselling rather than just being "exiled" for a while .
i sure hope that he;ll receive cunselling in canada .
i think there is something to be said for having him live with his family with some conditions being imposed , i'd hope .
i doubt that the canadian justice system has any authority to deal with him since he was not convicted of any crime in canada .
hbg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:09 pm
Agreed, hamburger. I had a man from Montreal come and fix my broken window today. He was really nice and an artisan at what he did. He went to a hardware store to pick up the materials. I told the clerk to let him have what he needed and I would be over and pay. Well, I did, but "Al" wasn't there. While I was waiting to locate him so that all would be verified, he was already at my house and replacing the window. I could not believe that they let him walk out with the stuff without paying. He must have had an honest face, or I had an honest voice.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:12 pm
hamburger wrote:
letty :
perhaps i should have posted under "jokes" :wink: ?
i guess i'm laughing and crying at the same time .
if this guy truly is a sex-offender , he probably needs some help and counselling rather than just being "exiled" for a while .
i sure hope that he;ll receive cunselling in canada .
i think there is something to be said for having him live with his family with some conditions being imposed , i'd hope .
i doubt that the canadian justice system has any authority to deal with him since he was not convicted of any crime in canada .
hbg

Actually, he can be barred from entering Canada. Canada has laws and regulations about not admitting U.S. citizens that have been convicted of a crime. It should be interesting.

P.S.
Just in case you didn't see the other thread on this.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2336334#2336334
0 Replies