A 'new' kind of presenting newspapers in the internet

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 09:29 am
Two newspapers - the daily British "The Telegraph" and the weekly German "Die Zeit" started today a new service:

- the complete digital /facsimile) edition of The Daily Telegraph (whic is free for try the next 14 days),

- articles read online in "Die Zeit" (a couple of selected articles are read out in German. The complete archive or any of the articles can be downloaded in different formates.

The Telegraph - screenprint

Die Zeit - to hear
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 924 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 05:33 pm
Well, I tried to download The Telegraph, but it was taking a long time and I gave up. I think the NY Times now offers an electronic edition, which is along the lines of what you describe, Walter. Of course, being the Times, they're charging for it. Since I already subscribe to the paper itself, I haven't taken advantage of this techology!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:56 pm
It really takes a long time, and some features, free during the first few days, aren't toget without subscription (I think) now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 11:15 pm
I subscribe to the online NYT, free, with updates in favorite categories, and can go look up the whole newspaper if I want, for seven days back. I also subscribe to 'tracking' or flags for certain words I am interested in, for example, the word 'italy', and that costs $20.00 a year. Paying for that special tracking has just started as a NYT thing. The paper is not delived to homes in my area, so I am rather grateful that I can get it online.

The San Francisco Chronicle offers online editions, but doesn't send them to you by email, unless they've recently changed, and neither does the LA Times.
there is only so much reading I can manage, as it is.
0 Replies