Well, it IS called "Cracker" Barrell

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:47 pm
Chris Rock's mom is suing Cracker Barrell, because she was sitting at her table for 1/2 hour, and nobody came over to serve her.

If you click on the video clip, you'll see Al Sharpton, who got after it. That guy loves this sh!t.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/18/chrisrockmom.discrimin.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

What do you think? Well I'm a cracka' myself, and twice I can remember this happening to me. Once they finally came over, another time I just got up and left. Figured they just forgotten about me. And I've been a server, and have forgotten about people too.

Think someone's pulling the race card a little too quick.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 877 • Replies: 18
No top replies

snood

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:28 pm
Very possibly. She might be full of "Don't-they-know-who-I-am,-I'm-a -celebrity-mom".

I had to wait a long time at IHOP the other morning. My waiter was a black guy who was new to the job and slow as molasses.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:41 pm
I was at a place that took my order three times before I finally gave up on being fed.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:10 am
THAT sounds like an interesting story edgar.

We were eating at a Dennys once and a man at the counter was waiting for his food. His order was taken by the same waiter as ours at about the same time.

He had no beverage in front of him beside a water.

We got our meal, and were halfway through when he said to the waiter, pissed off...."So where're my waffles!!??" Mad

Waiter: Waffles? I thought you just ordered water.

I just about choked.
That was a joke between me and the man for a while..."Let's go down to Denny's and get some water".
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:58 am
The food sucked, but on the other hand the service was terrible.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:00 am
That's a funny story, Chai.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:03 am
Yes, I also enjoy sharing amusing anecdotes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:18 am
Theres money in being black?? Shocked
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:17 am
Where'd that come from?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:22 am
When we moved to Naperville we stayed in a hotel out in the boonies for two weeks while looking for a house. The only restaurant in the vicinity was Cracker Barrel. Two weeks was enough to cultivate a deep and abiding hatred of the place (I haven't been back since).

I remember that at the time some suit had just been settled about racist hiring practices, I think that's not the only incident in their history either. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was actually that Chris Rock's mom was black and not just plain color-blind lousy service. Must be hard to prove, though. ("No, really, all of these other people hate us too, and they're all the colors of the rainbow!")
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:27 am
I googled "restaurant discrimination suits," and a number of different chains come up. I think it happens semi-frequently in the industry, and it's pretty hard for one chain to be racist across the board.

Maybe this is their standard interview:

"So as a waiter, things can get pretty hectic. What are some things that would physically shake you while on the job?"

"Dem' damn negroes."

"When can you start?"
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 04:09 pm
I tend to think it's just plain shitty service. Some people just shouldn't do certain jobs. And some people are just lazy shits. Any place worth their salt would be able to tell and if they cared, they'd be outta there.

Here's an article restaruant complaints:

http://www.restaurantowner.com/public/department25.cfm
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 04:36 pm
What did you hate about it soz?

I have eaten there all of once, and I remember it being crowded and slow, but tasty.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 04:41 pm
I think I'm going to open a mexican restaraunt called 'Beaner Barrell'.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 04:59 pm
I'm opening WASP Barrel.

Actually, we'll just hire the staff of Beaner Barrel to wait on you.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 05:01 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 05:56 pm
Crowded. Slow. Terrible service (forgetting things, bringing the wrong things...) It's a sort of a "Fast Food Nation" kind of place -- sure, a McDonald's cheeseburger is fine every now and then but for every single meal? Even McDonald's at least has salads and such now. Cracker Barrel had no fruit. None. I was seven months pregnant and a little desperate -- cantaloupe? Oranges? Grapefruit? SOMETHING??! Nope. I think they did come up with some lemon slices for iced tea, I made do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:07 pm
I think at CB eggs are considered fruit. Chicken fruit.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 05:45 am
They don't stock fruit. They cater to homophobes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
0 Replies