Cleaning Cats' Teeth - or Just how Much DO I Love Oscar?

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 05:58 pm
What are you gonna do?????
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:25 pm
i've been reading and getting more and more upset that Pippy would have to give her kitty away. How will you get her to your friend?
Deb and Margo, I hadn't seen the pics of your kitties for a long time--forgot how beautiful they are.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:31 pm
Aaaaaawwwww - gee, shucks....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:32 pm
Possum looks like a little angel, doesn't he?

That beastly Craven always says how ugly Miranda is!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 12:07 am
Diane wrote:
Deb and Margo, I hadn't seen the pics of your kitties for a long time--forgot how beautiful they are.

dlowan wrote:
Possum looks like a little angel, doesn't he?

Diane - thanks - and His Lordship, sitting here beside me, thanks you as well!

Yes - he does LOOK like a little angel, but.......

He's lots of fun, though. I've never had a cat who was a clown before Razz

Pippy - what now!?
0 Replies

pippy

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 11:01 am
The person I'm giving him to has been a very good friend of mine for a long time, so I know he'll be safe. And when I move, I'll live a whole four minutes away from them (instead of two hours, like it is now). I wanted him out this week because I staged a cancer benefit last night and I had a whole bunch of people from out of town sleeping in my room which is stressful for the cat and stinky for them. I'll have to wait til I move and take him then. Means a little more time with my kittie though. Smile And guess what!! We're twins!!! They shaved my head to match his last night!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:41 pm
Oh my!!!!!!!
0 Replies

webpros

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:40 pm
Hello All:

I was recently told by a Vet that my cats gums were bleeding and needed her teeth cleaned. The thought of leaving my cat at the vet in a cage for 7 hours, plus (A BIG PLUS) putting her under the gas worries the heck out of me. After reading some posts her I'm going to try the chicken neck thing plus a few other ideas. My cat is 11 years old, but looks and acts like she's five. Looking for some words of confidence that I'm making the right decision. Thanks for any feedback or ideas.

Scott
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:42 pm
Webpros - Scott
Welcome to A2K - we're a bunch of cat nutters here! Especially on this thread!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:53 pm
Welcome Webpros - good luck with the necks etc!
0 Replies

webpros

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:05 pm
Wow, I've been using forums (BBS) for many, many years and you guys are the fastest "responders" I've ever seen! Thanks for the welcome and kind words.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:13 pm
You're welcome - heehee.

Reminds me - I'd better check Oscar's gums and breath again...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:33 pm
I had my dog's teeth cleaned once, when I first got him from the humane society and he had incredibly dirty teeth. The veterinarian changed his age estimate once the teeth were cleaned...

but I won't do it any further, not wanting to subject him to anaesthesia any more than that.

In your cat's case, webpros, I wonder if it might be smart just once, but of course I'm not sure. This makes me want to reread this thread for what other people have said about it.

Oooooh, I just read Sozobe's link on the first page of this topic - that seems a good link re what you are dealing with.
0 Replies