Bras keep abreast

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:38 pm
Quote:
Bras keep abreast

Anita Kelman
October 8, 2006

AUSTRALIAN women's breasts are getting bigger, a new study has found.

Larger bras need to be made and, for the first time, sports bras now come in E and F cup sizes, said bra manufacturer Berlei.

Experts put the increase down to changes in diet. They said the contraceptive pill would also make a woman's breasts increase in size.

Berlei product manager Louise Woods said sales in larger sized bras were increasing. Ms Woods said larger breast sizes meant women were more likely to experience breast bounce when they exercised.

Tests carried out at the Australian Institute of Sport found that wearing the right bra size would reduce breast movement and more women would be able to play sport in comfort.

Well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,230 • Replies: 21
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
About time.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:49 pm
Maybe we should ask some of our A2K Australian lassies for help with this study?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 11:06 pm
Eh, it's true here too... until just recently. Up until recently, women who had trouble fitting into 36 were pretty much out of luck. They could advance to some sort of upheaval bodice thing.

It may be true that more of us are over size 36 than in 1967, but it's also true that there were women then larger than that, all apparently looking around for bras in the stores of the time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 11:08 pm
And, perhaps giving up and burning the tiny ones...

ok, ok, just a scenario.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:39 pm
Re: Bras keep abreast
Reyn wrote:
Quote:
Bras keep abreast

Anita Kelman
October 8, 2006

Larger bras need to be made and, for the first time, sports bras now come in E and F cup sizes, said bra manufacturer Berlei.

Experts put the increase down to changes in diet. They said the contraceptive pill would also make a woman's breasts increase in size.

Berlei product manager Louise Woods said sales in larger sized bras were increasing. Ms Woods said larger breast sizes meant women were more likely to experience breast bounce when they exercised.

Tests carried out at the Australian Institute of Sport found that wearing the right bra size would reduce breast movement and more women would be able to play sport in comfort.

Well?

Dagnabit. I'm in the wrong country.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 01:43 am
http://www.kudlanka.cz/bra_fence1.jpg

New underwire anyone?

Cardrona New Zealand bra-fence.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:29 pm
Re: Bras keep abreast
Reyn wrote:

The REAL reason men move to Australia!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
Dammit, my wife won't let me emigrate!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:47 pm
But maybe dadpad can at least post some more of those Australian tree pictures for you, blacksmith dear. Cold comfort, I know, but it's something.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:03 pm
The bigger they are, the harder they fall...and they need a good fit with lots of support for jogging down the street.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:04 pm
Hmmm...another thread that could really do with some pictures...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:05 pm
kickycan wrote:

I'll leave that arduous task to you, my boy. :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:07 pm
Oh, and Reyn, why ever did you get rid of Wallace so soon?! I thought he was a very cute look for you.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:08 pm
Reyn wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I'll leave that arduous task to you, my boy. :wink:

I'm sure kicky has already envisioned what the pictures should look like Wink
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:41 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Oh, and Reyn, why ever did you get rid of Wallace so soon?! I thought he was a very cute look for you.

Wallace? I don't think we've been formally introduced.

Which of of my million avatars was that? Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 06:04 pm
I'll have to see if I can find the study, but I recently saw something about young girls who regularly eat beef and consume a lot of (cows) milk tend to develop larger breasts than previous generations of their family. They think there might be a connection with the hormones that are used on our livestock and the ingesting of these animals, their milk and their milk products.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 06:09 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I'll have to see if I can find the study, but I recently saw something about young girls who regularly eat beef and consume a lot of (cows) milk tend to develop larger breasts than previous generations of their family. They think there might be a connection with the hormones that are used on our livestock and the ingesting of these animals, their milk and their milk products.

More likely to do with the amount of and quality of food.

opinions please.......do vegetarians have larger or smaller breasts than the general run of population?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
Vegetarians are hippie freaks, and everyone knows that hippie freak women have the biggest boobs.

(I've seen the same food/hormone/sexual development thing reported from a number of studies over the past 20-25 yrs, GW.)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:22 pm
dadpad wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

More likely to do with the amount of and quality of food.

I don't think that's necessarily more likely-- there've been a lot of studies that find a link between girls hitting puberty earlier and the hormones in meat and dairy.

Quote:
opinions please.......do vegetarians have larger or smaller breasts than the general run of population?

Hmm, you'd have to control for when they became veggie-- I would think most people do that after puberty. At least, most that I've known had to wait to become veg until they were living on their own, so well after puberty. I was already the smallest-breasted girl on the block well before becoming vegetarian, personally...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bras keep abreast
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:18:29