Video of Richard Feynman's QED lecture

Thomas

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:06 pm
The Vega Science Trust, an organization in New Zealand, has webbed four videos of Richard Feynman giving a set of lectures that would later evolve into his book on quantum electrodynamics. I probably should explain what the relevance of this is, but I need to go to bed now. Suffice it to say that Feynman was one of the most brilliant pysicists of the 20th century, that I love his teaching style, and that QED was one of his best books. I'm looking forward to watching it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,283 • Replies: 5
No top replies

spendius

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:23 pm
I'm looking forward to going to bed myself.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:58 pm
Neat, Thomas. On my drive down here to NC, I went out and got the complete unabridged collection of the Feynman lectures on physics. I really enjoyed hearing him explain things, because unlike 99% of physicists that just know what the facts are, he actually understands a lot of the physical laws...and when it comes to something that we know of but we don't understand, he does a good job of making that clear, too. It makes science more of the detective novel that it should be, if you ask me. I have also watched several Feynman documentaries/interviews. He is a unique guy. These videos of his lectures should be good because several of his lectures are not comprehendable in audio without seeing what he is drawing on the chalk board.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:06 pm
Will check back, soon as I get back from my wild goose chase.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:55 am
Thomas,

Thanks for that link. Very entertaining !
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:07 am
Quantum mechanics provides us with an approximate, plausible, conjectural explanation of what actually is, or was, or may be taking place inside a cyclotron during a dark night in February.
0 Replies