Men who read: sexy or nerdy?

farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:25 pm
Offend this.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:30 pm
Pffft! I drag books around, always one in the car, sometimes in my purse. Ain't shallow. Stupid, ok, ok, but not shallow.

Like someone earlier, was it Greenie or Chai, I've dropped guys because they don't read too.
My x-hub was interesting. He only read plays and newspapers, occasional a magazine. Reads things like the 9/11 commission report, but with an eye to use in his writing. Never novels or short stories past his university years. People kept giving him fiction for Christmas presents, since he is a writer. He just said 'thank you' and passed them to me shortly after. Oh, five minutes after guests left.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:37 pm
Oops, it was eoe...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
Farmerman's hat is sexy.

It's a book unto itself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:45 pm
Plus, he's a sea dog...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:48 pm
men with books

<swoon>
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:02 pm
Re: Men who read: sexy or nerdy?
kickycan wrote:
So ladies, when you're walking behind a guy on the street and you see a book sticking out of his back pocket, do you think "geek" or do you think, "I gotta get me a piece o' that?"

Depends on how big the book is, of course.

:wink:
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:05 pm
But no one has answered my question!! How is a woman with a book sticking out of her back pocket perceived? Desirable or not?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:11 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
But no one has answered my question!! How is a woman with a book sticking out of her back pocket perceived? Desirable or not?

That question can't be answered because women don't put books in their back pocket because it makes their ass look fat.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:12 pm
So, this makes me remember a thing years ago...

Gave a girl I knew a ride to a job interview with some people who ran a kids' party entertainment company out of their house in the mountains above Santa Cruz, CA. Lotsa weird people up there.

Anywho, we get up there, and I sit through this process, and the job is obviously dismal and embarassing, but it pays a beastly amount (well, the prospect of making $300 for an afternoon's work at a job you can do hung over was a beastly amount) and I was hard up for cash, so I told them I'd take a crack at it. Hell, I was a half-trained actor, I was good with strange kids, it wouldn't interfere with my work and play at night, right? I lasted about five humiliating weekends. (Believe me, there have been few (if any) experiences in my life more humiliating than changing into a cheap Batman suit in city park bathroom that was mainly a no-rent bathhouse and shooting gallery at the edge of Oakland...)

So, where was I? Damn it...

Oh, right -- things to carry around that are or are not sexy. So, Saturday I stop by the house in the woods to pick up my gear and head north to work a couple of parties. Part of the gear is a ragged old boombox with a cassette in it -- the thing's got scotch tape over the little indentations that protected a tape from being recorded over, if'n you remember those. The present contents of the tape was some dismal clown music or some such shite; I never used the music in the ad. But the tape originally had been a self-help tape designed to cure male impotence.

So not sexy.

Not the impotence, I mean, but a self-help tape? Antisexy.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:13 pm
Stray Cat wrote:

Is it the Manhattan white pages?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:15 pm
Chicks love guys carrying around books.

Which is why I never leave the house without my copy of "The Date Rape Prevention Book." You know, just to figure out how someone would try to prevent such a thing. Gottagonow.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:27 pm
Quote:
That question can't be answered because women don't put books in their back pocket because it makes their ass look fat.

Haha! This is true. Maybe they could put in their cleavage? I might try that the next time I go to the library. I just hope I don't get a broken nose. I've heard the library can be dangerous.

Kicky, I just thought of something. A guy I know told me he went to a bar a couple of months ago, and saw another guy wearing a t-shirt that said, "I'm Single And Available." Apparently, he wanted to let all the women know he was up for grabs. Don't know if it worked or not.

Maybe you could get a t-shirt that says, "If You Can Read This, Can I Have Your Phone Number?" That'd weed out the illiterate chicks.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:36 pm
kickycan wrote:
Well, it's always different. Currently it's a fun, shoot-em-up Elmore Leonard novel called "The Hot Kid."

Before that it was "The Metamophosis" by Franz Kafka.

Before that it was "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance," a classic novel with a strong focus on a deep philosophical approach to life.

Any of those get your motor running?

If I saw a guy with one of those books, I'd think he was either potentially interesting or just trying to impress.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 05:53 pm
a girl i dated for about two years was reading in a bar when i met her, she was reading a book about Jean-Jacques Rousseau, it turned out some had left it in the bar and she was reading more out of boredom than anything else

she was a reader as it turned out

her literary fondness was for piers anthony's xanth series of sci fi books, but she would read anything that was lying around, not seemingly for any sense of enjoyment just something to do
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 06:05 pm
I think it's sexy to see a man who likes to read. I think it's sexy to see a book hanging out of his back pocket. Actually I like to look at their back pockets!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:44 pm
I guess I am a naif... who would purposefully put a paperback in his back pocket with aim to seduce? surely not our kicky, and few others. Besides, have they followed the latest pub company poop? Pah.

Guy reading because he likes to, that's great with me.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:55 pm
A man who reads is sexy.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:49 am
mac11 wrote:
A man who reads is sexy.

Agree. I am a living example Twisted Evil
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:57 am
You're snerdy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:10:58