Useful Magazines

eoe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 02:35 pm
I'm in advertising and graphic design and many of these mags I buy because of their style and the way they are designed. That's also how I write them all off on my taxes haha. I do read various articles from each but it's safe to say that overall, I do more looking than reading.
I forgot to mention the TV Guide. Great design.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 03:04 pm
eoe wrote:
I'm in advertising and graphic design and many of these mags I buy because of their style and the way they are designed. That's also how I write them all off on my taxes haha. I do read various articles from each but it's safe to say that overall, I do more looking than reading.
I forgot to mention the TV Guide. Great design.

Very cool. Write offs are always a good thing ;-)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 03:28 pm
Most of the time I don't have much use for it (no time, no money) but I still have a copy of Backpacker magazine from five or six years ago with page after page of excellent backcountry food recipes.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:11 pm
I hear ya, eoe. I'm in P.R., and if it weren't for the write off, I would never be able to justify Communication Arts.

Other subscriptions (besides those for work):
National Geographic
National Geographic Traveler
Preservation
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 05:48 pm
help
EOE, prozac would be cheaper Laughing
My only subscriptions for travel magazines and The Nation (one of the oldest magazines in America. I think it was founded by Benj. Franklin).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 05:51 pm
truth
EOE, Sorry, I didn't read about your tax writeoffs. I also subscribe to TV Guide. I buy a lot of art magazines off the stands, but I don't subscribe to them. Also Strad Magazine (for violinists and other string players)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 06:07 pm
Oops (forgot the industry mags)...
Print
How
MacWorld
0 Replies