I'm RICH!!!

lezzles

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:43 am
The same sweepstakes mob have been doing the rounds in our area too.

http://www.joewein.de/sw/419msft.htm
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:06 pm
Rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 10:29 pm
Re: I'm RICH!!!
dlowan wrote:

Please be aware that the PAYING BANK will Effect Payment Swiftly upon satisfactory Report, Verifications and validation provided by this fiduciary agent.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you.

There was a warning in our local rag yesterday about the scam.

All you have to do is provide your bank account details (that's the Report, Verifications and validation) and then keep quiet about it to give them time to strip your account.

And don't ask 'who would be silly enough to fall for that?' Evidently lots of people would and have.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:09 pm
Re: I'm RICH!!!
lezzles wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Please be aware that the PAYING BANK will Effect Payment Swiftly upon satisfactory Report, Verifications and validation provided by this fiduciary agent.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you.

There was a warning in our local rag yesterday about the scam.

All you have to do is provide your bank account details (that's the Report, Verifications and validation) and then keep quiet about it to give them time to strip your account.

And don't ask 'who would be silly enough to fall for that?' Evidently lots of people would and have.

Natural selection in action.
0 Replies

serdee

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 12:34 pm
Smile Very Happy Very Happy
hello! I'm from Turkey. and I've got exactly the same letter as you from microsoft. And I don't believe that. I've got it today.. so, Did I really win?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 02:51 pm
Welcome!

And sadly, no, you did not.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 02:58 pm
dlowan - Next time you're visiting the Trivia threads, drop in on 'how long can I make this thread'. Couple of days ago I found a photo that just might appeal to you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm RICH!!!
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:35:56