Anna Nicole Smith - her 20 year old son dies.

lezzles

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:17 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I guess during her infamous trial with her deceased husbands children, I rooted for her as the underdog.

It was the type of thing where you could've said, "Hey, that could be ME trying to prove to the world that I deserve my inheritance from my deceased spouse.

The only difference between her case and many others where the big age difference and the amount of money.

For instance, what if a 55 year old woman marries a 65 year old man, who has a fair amount of cash and assests. 2 years later he dies and the adult children of the man pull every trick in the book to keep the widow from inheriting her husbands estate. Even to demanding proof that the now 57 year old woman prove she loved her husband, and forcing her to testify about intimate details of their behind the door married life.

Yeah, sure, true love! Funny how you never read stories of gorgeous young blonde strippers marrying old men who don't have any money and taking over the burden of paying their bills and their children's bills.

And in your scenario above, what kind of lives did those adult children have? You think they're just greedy? What did they see their own mother go through and do without to help him accumulate wealth and how was she treated? What torments did he make them go through in their formative years? Did he force them to live totally within the parameters he set - bullying, threatening, buying off teachers, friends, etc. What about their expectations? Or don't you think they should have any?

Sorry CT, don't mean to be nasty, but that was ridiculous.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:21 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Merry? What the hell is wrong with you?

Where'd you want me to start, Gus?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:36 pm
lezzles wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
I guess during her infamous trial with her deceased husbands children, I rooted for her as the underdog.

It was the type of thing where you could've said, "Hey, that could be ME trying to prove to the world that I deserve my inheritance from my deceased spouse.

The only difference between her case and many others where the big age difference and the amount of money.

For instance, what if a 55 year old woman marries a 65 year old man, who has a fair amount of cash and assests. 2 years later he dies and the adult children of the man pull every trick in the book to keep the widow from inheriting her husbands estate. Even to demanding proof that the now 57 year old woman prove she loved her husband, and forcing her to testify about intimate details of their behind the door married life.

Yeah, sure, true love! Funny how you never read stories of gorgeous young blonde strippers marrying old men who don't have any money and taking over the burden of paying their bills and their children's bills.

And in your scenario above, what kind of lives did those adult children have? You think they're just greedy? What did they see their own mother go through and do without to help him accumulate wealth and how was she treated? What torments did he make them go through in their formative years? Did he force them to live totally within the parameters he set - bullying, threatening, buying off teachers, friends, etc. What about their expectations? Or don't you think they should have any?

Sorry CT, don't mean to be nasty, but that was ridiculous.

Lezzles, as long as you are quoting me, why not quote the post that led up to that one....The point being that regardless of why someone married someone, they were BOTH happy with the situation.

There are some aspects about her I can respect, once you look at her goal.

She was a stripper because it was what she was good at, and made money. She got breast implants because that way she made more money as a stripper.

A billionaire that was older than dirt loved to come to the club and watch her strip, and wanted to give her stuff and marry her. I have to wonder what each of us would decide if someone who you were actually fond of, incredibly rich and incredibly old wanted to take care of usÂ…the only duty we had being doing the stuff for that person that we were doing anyway. I see it as making that man's last days very very happy.
Did she make mistakes? Sure. Did she make a LOT of mistakes? Yeppers.

Look at Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, other "dumb blondes" They all merely took advantage of what they had, to earn a living.

In addition, the adult children weren't left out in the cold as far as inheritance....she wasn't getting everything...just what was promised to her.

and no, you don't read many stories in the paper about young strippers marrying old men.....just as you don't read stories in the paper about old men marrying young strippers. However, it's a safe bet it happens every day.

Lots of stuff happens you never read about in the paper......so?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:45 pm
Chai: first of all, I couldn't care less what goes on between you and anyone else - did I not imply that when I said 'you're welcome to it'?

Secondly, I merely commented on your unprovoked attack on him... asked you to point out what was so 'mean and thoughtless'.

And yeah, you don't have to respond. Obviously.

You owe me nothing.

I was just curious.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:17 pm
Chai,

I did read the whole screed - I would not presume to comment on it if I had not done so.

I only quoted the part I was making the comment about - wherein you gave a scenario about a 'new' wife being embroiled in a battle with her late husband's children over who should inherit his estate.

Sorry if you think I jumped in feet first, but I've seen it happen.
Silly old codger lapsing into senility meets younger woman who exudes the right pheremones. Drool, drool, silly old fool promises her anything.

Sure, I feel sorry for ANS for losing her son. But to quote you again....

"However, it's safe bet it happens every day. Lots of stuff happens you never read about in the paper....so?"

So, why should one feel more sorry for her than for the thousands of other unreported women (and men) out there who have lost their sons or daughters?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:56 pm
I just love threads like this when there's nothing on TV.

Reality TV? Who needs it?

I gotcher reality right here.... Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:57 pm
Reyn, you rabble-rousing troublemaker!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 10:01 pm
hehe, I just thought I'd wander in for a few minutes and nose around. You never know when you're going to find a nickel.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 10:01 pm
LOL... you never know, you might find a wooden one!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 06:41 am
I thougth this thread was about ANS' tragic loss of her son. Not about me.

Someone asked who she was. I tried to answer that question.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 07:20 am
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 08:48 am
Does this sound like drugs? Isn't that why they do tox tests?

There is no report of foul play, really, just that it's not natural.

How terribly sad to come upon your child like that. She tried to wake him... gives me goosebumps.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:17 am
Rumors are swirling that he was the father of the baby.

Truly bizarre.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 10:45 am
Yeah, right Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 11:41 am
I agree with you nimh - just reporting what I've heard.

They are now saying there was a third person in the room.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 11:53 am
While I have no particular opinion of Anna Nicole Smith, the mystery aspect has sucked me in -- what on earth happened?

Hope it will become clear.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 12:00 pm
I must admit I am beffled as well but I suspect if it's not natural it MUST be drugs.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 01:35 pm
I read there were antidepressants in his system, but I don't think you can OD on that.

yeah, something about a third person in the room....weird.

BTW, am I the only one who didn't know she was pregnant and/or had a baby?

Anyone know the name?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:03 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I read there were antidepressants in his system, but I don't think you can OD on that.

Sure you can. Depending on the kind
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:16 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

yeah, something about a third person in the room....weird.

BTW, am I the only one who didn't know she was pregnant and/or had a baby?

Anyone know the name?

I didn't know she had a baby. And, to be honest, I really couldn't have cared less. But her son is another matter.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:34:57