Anna Nicole Smith - her 20 year old son dies.

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 07:13 am
Don't know more that this from what I watched on Good Morning America for 2 minutes.

Smith just had a baby girl (this I did not know either) and found her son dead in her room.

Unknown cause of death, so far.

This is very sad. Regardless of your feelings for Smith, having your son die is a tragey.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,656 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 10:20 am
That is absolutely tragic. How devastating for her. I was reading about her somewhere else and apparently her son was her pride and joy and quite a normal person (unlike her Smile )...

I think I would go slightly mad, myself.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 10:58 am
It's freeking bizzare, that's what it is.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 11:00 am
parents are not supposed to outlive their children. This is sad.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 11:26 am
It would be pretty easy to make a rude insult here, but it is sad, and totally bizarre.

Plus she's hot.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 11:28 am
Am I the only person on A2K who doesn't know who Anna Nicole Smith is?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 11:38 am
She's an almost 40 former stripper who married a rich old man, whose kids are still fighting her for the inheritance. She was the Guess Jeans model for many years in the 1980's.

http://www.intomyhealth.com/trimspa/anna-nicole-weight-loss.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:37 pm
http://www.fotos.anna-nicole.com.ar/fotos-de-ana-nicole/foto-de-anna-nicole-smith-44.jpg

In all fairness to Smith, none of us are perfect.

There are some aspects about her I can respect, once you look at her goal.

She was a stripper because it was what she was good at, and made money. She got breast implants because that way she made more money as a stripper.

A billionaire that was older than dirt loved to come to the club and watch her strip, and wanted to give her stuff and marry her. I have to wonder what each of us would decide if someone who you were actually fond of, incredibly rich and incredibly old wanted to take care of us…the only duty we had being doing the stuff for that person that we were doing anyway. I see it as making that man's last days very very happy.

Did she make mistakes? Sure. Did she make a LOT of mistakes? Yeppers.

Look at Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, other "dumb blondes" They all merely took advantage of what they had, to earn a living.

The part about her mistakes, the way her son appeared on the show….I don't know, I can't judge.

I can't imagine what she's going through.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:40 pm
Actually, didn't the eldest son just die? So I guess it's the rest of them fighting her although he was the most determined of the bunch.

Anna Nicole Smith
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anna Nicole Smith (born Vickie Lynn Hogan on November 28, 1967), is an American actress and model who first gained popularity as Playboy magazine's 1993 Playmate of the Year. Her career and public image subsequently suffered as her weight gain and bizarre antics were put on display in supermarket tabloids and in her short-lived reality television show. More recently, Smith slimmed down and became the spokesperson for the weight loss product TrimSpa.

Her highly publicized marriage to entrepreneur J. Howard Marshall, 63 years her senior, resulted in a lengthy and ongoing legal battle over his estate following his death. Her case, Marshall v. Marshall, reached the U.S. Supreme Court in February, 2006, on a narrow constitutional issue over the right of a federal judge to intervene in a state probate case. On May 1, 2006, Smith won the Supreme Court case 9-0. On September 11, 2006, it was reported that her 20 year old from her first marraige son died in the Bahamas on September 10, while visiting her at the same hospital where Smith had given birth to a baby girl only a few days earlier.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:24 pm
OK, thanks, folks. I now dimly recall having heard about some of the circumstances during an unguarded moment of actually watching some "news" on TV. That's why the name sounded vaguely familiar. And, btw, I agree with Chai Tea: we all use our best assets to get ahead in the world. What's the big deal? Only thing is, I don't know why I should care one way or another about the personal life story of a person I've never met, whose name I barely recognized. It seems to me that some celebrities are famous for only one thing -- being famous.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
I guess during her infamous trial with her deceased husbands children, I rooted for her as the underdog.

It was the type of thing where you could've said, "Hey, that could be ME trying to prove to the world that I deserve my inheritance from my deceased spouse.

The only difference between her case and many others where the big age difference and the amount of money.

For instance, what if a 55 year old woman marries a 65 year old man, who has a fair amount of cash and assests. 2 years later he dies and the adult children of the man pull every trick in the book to keep the widow from inheriting her husbands estate. Even to demanding proof that the now 57 year old woman prove she loved her husband, and forcing her to testify about intimate details of their behind the door married life.

cjhsa - what was your point in stating she's an "almost 40" stripper? She's 38, next year she'll be 39.....just like next year you'll be a year older.

Does a woman loose her validity as a human being after a certain age, especially if she engaged in a profession that is mostly worked at by women younger than that?

If someone's a 22 year old stripper, that's ok, but if she's a 40 year old former stripper, she not worth the paper on the bottom of a bird cage?

I'm also curious as to your choice of pictures to post, especially considering the thread is about a tradgedy.

There are plenty of pictures that equally show her beauty, that also show some respect in her mourning.

I think your post and picture where both thoughtless and mean. I'm not going to engage in any argument or debate with you. I just feel there's a time and a place, and this was not it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:25 pm
You're pretty judgemental, Chai, about cjhsa; much the way you're claiming cj to be about Anna Nicole.

Maybe the comments were innocuous. Maybe that was the first picture available?

What are you so uptight about? What's it to you?

We are all judging creatures; why is cj coming in for so much commentary from you?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:36 pm
Mame wrote:

Its certainly the kind of picture she's become famous for and with.

In fact - just thinking out loud here - wouldnt there be a hint of hypocrisy in saying, "oh theres nothing wrong with what she chose to do.. but it wouldnt be appropriate to show it here"?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
Mind you, I'll bow out here because like Merry Andrew, I dont really see what this woman's personal loss is to us anyway. Anymore than that of any random indvidual who lost her son.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
Yes, nimh, that WOULD be hypocrisy. It's how she defined herself.

And doesn't make the news any less tragic.

And I don't what about cj's post was mean.

You also said:

I think your post and picture where both thoughtless and mean. I'm not going to engage in any argument or debate with you. I just feel there's a time and a place, and this was not it. "

What exactly was thoughtless and mean, and who set you up as judge and jury?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:42 pm
Mame wrote:
You're pretty judgemental, Chai, about cjhsa; much the way you're claiming cj to be about Anna Nicole.

What are you so uptight about? What's it to you?

We are all judging creatures; why is cj coming in for so much commentary from you?

cj has a long history of picking out the tawdry side. Then, to cover up, he'll cry "no fair"

I'm saying this from personal experience, where he has stung me. So, in that respect, I do have a valid opinion to offer.

If I did not know cj's propensity for the vulgar, I wouldn't have said anything.

So, without my wishing to, the door is opened for him to come in and stink up the place.

In addition, what kind of person merely takes the first item available, with no regard to the situation. To find a more suitable one, I just had to click on one extra page, didn't take any effort at all.

feel better now that you have an answer?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:46 pm
Not really. The classy thing to have done would have been to have said nothing.

Ditto for me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
nimh wrote:
Mame wrote:

Its certainly the kind of picture she's become famous for and with.

In fact - just thinking out loud here - wouldnt there be a hint of hypocrisy in saying, "oh theres nothing wrong with what she chose to do.. but it wouldnt be appropriate to show it here"?

No nimh, it's not even a hint hypocracy...it's all about appropriate "time and place" not appropriate behavior of the person.

If this was a thread about about someone known for crazy antics up and accomplished one more over the top stunt, go ahead and and blast away.

This is a thread (until recently) about a woman who lost her young son.

To me it's akin to the saying "About the dead, speak only the good"

For whatever else she was/is, she's a mother who loved her child, and has now lost him.

If I hear of someone losing a child, whether they are famous or not, wheather I know them well or just in passing, I still feel badly for them for their loss.

My message was simple....I'm sorry Anna Nicole Smith lost her son so suddenly, and whether I know her or not, I feel bad for her sorrow.

Since when are we only allowed to care about people we know personally?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 04:37 pm
Y'know, Chai, I really think that the picture you posted of the Guess jeans ad is a lot more salacious than cj's cheesecake. Not that it makes any difference. But the pot really shouldn't accuse the kettle of being soot-covered.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 06:07 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Y'know, Chai, I really think that the picture you posted of the Guess jeans ad is a lot more salacious than cj's cheesecake. Not that it makes any difference. But the pot really shouldn't accuse the kettle of being soot-covered.

really?
how do you find it more salacious?

mame, would you like to call Merry Andrew judgemental since he's taking it on himself to call me soot covered pot?

You know....that word judgemental seems to have been bandied around a lot lately, mostly by 14 year olds.

Are we all not adults here, totally capable of judging as we see fit.

Personally, I find someone (not you per se Mame) who chronicallly calls others judgemental is just trying to get the attention away from themselves.

I don't include you in that Mame, as you were speaking on behalf of someone else.

We all judge everyone we meet. When we don't know them, our judgement may be way off.....however, if you know someone, it's not so much judging as making a decision based on our prior knowledge of a person.

If I said "Wonderful Post Merry Andrew! I don't think I have ever read a more moving, intelligent thing in my entire life!" Am I not being judgemental?

Now, this is just me, with no malice to anyone, anywhere, but when I hear someone calling another "judgemental" it truly tightens my gut and makes me think the whole conversation has gotten entirely immature. However, I'm sure that's not how others hear the word....I'm just sharing my personal feeling.

Just as one someone, not necessarily cj, just anyone, feels the need to describe a woman in reference to their age, with the connotation the 40 is getting a little long in the tooth...I don't think it would as naturally come up that someone is an 23 year old stripper....It's assumed a stripper is of a certain age, young and attractive to be doing what she's doing....but Ye Gads! FORTY!!!??? My, that just doesn't sound like the person saying it is thinking of her as being as attractive as the younger one.....like she's worn out her usefullness in that arena.

Actually I find my picture lovely, she's not staring like at cat in heat at the camera, she's wearing pants that go all the way to her waist, bosom evident but not thrust out into space. You might call it suductive, but certainly not salacious.

The other picture merely invites someone to tuck a $20 into her crotch....in my judgement.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anna Nicole Smith - her 20 year old son dies.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:59:20