2
   

Keith Olbermann to Bush: Have you no sense of decency, sir?

 
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:01 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?


He won't admit to anything. He is absolutely smitten with George w. Bush.

Anyone who can't see past this latest strategy is IMNSHO not dealing with a full deck quite frankly.

Personal comments about a poster have no significance in advancing any thesis about Mr. Bush.

Roxxxanne wrote:
As we speak, Bush is on the TEEVEE lying his ass off. Again, if the American sheeple buy this bullshit, I will move to Vancouver, BC! Smile

Prove that what he's saying on TV now contains lies. The mere fact that you can make an accusation proves exactly zero. Give one example of a lie that you've seen him tell on TV today.


You didn't even watch the speech or you would know. That is, you would know if you weren't in a constant state of denial...gotta go Barbara Boxer is calling...

In other words, you're allegation that the president is lying is just so much hot air. You cannot furnish even one single example.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?

Let's make this really clear. Make one, and only one, accusation of wrongdoing, then provide some evidence that it's true. If you do that, I'll debate it. If you can't or won't, then I don't think what you're saying rises to the level of anything I should spend my time on.


You are EXACTLY the brand of sheep that this is all aimed at, IMO.

They have done their homework.

Translation: you cannot come up with a single allegation of wrongdoing against Mr. Bush that stands up to scrutiny, and substitute comments about the other poster in lieu of logic.

You're claim that "they have done their homework" is particularly hilarious, since no one seems to be able to come up with even one specific charge. What kind of homework is that?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:11 pm
Noone was alledging 'wrongdoing' in this thread, Brandon; just talking about the rise in comparisons to Hitler that the right-wing has been doing lately.

Stop hijacking the goddamn thread! If you don't want to discuss the recent spate of hilter comparisons, fine, but don't turn everything into your own personal pissing/faux debating match...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:23 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Noone was alledging 'wrongdoing' in this thread, Brandon; just talking about the rise in comparisons to Hitler that the right-wing has been doing lately.

What rot. The article in the opening thread is clearly accusing Mr. Bush of wrongdoing. Now, you're just lying.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Stop hijacking the goddamn thread! If you don't want to discuss the recent spate of hilter comparisons, fine, but don't turn everything into your own personal pissing/faux debating match...

Cycloptichorn

Disagreeing with the thesis is not hijacking.

However, since you bring the subject up, no one sticks precisely to the letter of the stated topic on the threads on this board. Such a criticism is simply your method of suppressing disagreement. Furthermore, the A2K liberals have a very poor record of respecting stated thread topics.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:25 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Furthermore, the A2K liberals have a very poor record of respecting stated thread topics.


This is very true.
0 Replies
 
kickycan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:28 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Noone was alledging 'wrongdoing' in this thread, Brandon; just talking about the rise in comparisons to Hitler that the right-wing has been doing lately.

What rot. The article in the opening thread is clearly accusing Mr. Bush of wrongdoing. Now, you're just lying.


Okay, then. What wrongdoing do you think they are accusing him of? Facts only, please.
0 Replies
 
Roxxxanne
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?


He won't admit to anything. He is absolutely smitten with George w. Bush.

Anyone who can't see past this latest strategy is IMNSHO not dealing with a full deck quite frankly.

Personal comments about a poster have no significance in advancing any thesis about Mr. Bush.

Roxxxanne wrote:
As we speak, Bush is on the TEEVEE lying his ass off. Again, if the American sheeple buy this bullshit, I will move to Vancouver, BC! Smile

Prove that what he's saying on TV now contains lies. The mere fact that you can make an accusation proves exactly zero. Give one example of a lie that you've seen him tell on TV today.


You didn't even watch the speech or you would know. That is, you would know if you weren't in a constant state of denial...gotta go Barbara Boxer is calling...

In other words, you're allegation that the president is lying is just so much hot air. You cannot furnish even one single example.



No, in other wors, I don't have time to waste trying to reason with fenceposts. I imagine that the reason you spend so much time posting your delsuions here is that no one in real life will listen top your nonsense.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:31 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
No, in other wors, I don't have time to waste trying to reason with fenceposts. I imagine that the reason you spend so much time posting your delsuions here is that no one in real life will listen top your nonsense.


Sounds like the voice of experience.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:48 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?


He won't admit to anything. He is absolutely smitten with George w. Bush.

Anyone who can't see past this latest strategy is IMNSHO not dealing with a full deck quite frankly.

Personal comments about a poster have no significance in advancing any thesis about Mr. Bush.

Roxxxanne wrote:
As we speak, Bush is on the TEEVEE lying his ass off. Again, if the American sheeple buy this bullshit, I will move to Vancouver, BC! Smile

Prove that what he's saying on TV now contains lies. The mere fact that you can make an accusation proves exactly zero. Give one example of a lie that you've seen him tell on TV today.


You didn't even watch the speech or you would know. That is, you would know if you weren't in a constant state of denial...gotta go Barbara Boxer is calling...

In other words, you're allegation that the president is lying is just so much hot air. You cannot furnish even one single example.



No, in other wors, I don't have time to waste trying to reason with fenceposts.

Translation: You have no ability to support any of your opinions. You are here strictly for name calling.[/quote]

Roxxxanne wrote:
I imagine that the reason you spend so much time posting your delsuions here is that no one in real life will listen top your nonsense.

Pathetic attempts to speculate about the quality of my personal life are (a) irrelevant to debate, (b) mean-spirited, and (c) something you have no knowledge of whatever. Indeed, such comments say a great deal about you, but nothing about me.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Noone was alledging 'wrongdoing' in this thread, Brandon; just talking about the rise in comparisons to Hitler that the right-wing has been doing lately.

What rot. The article in the opening thread is clearly accusing Mr. Bush of wrongdoing. Now, you're just lying.


Okay, then. What wrongdoing do you think they are accusing him of? Facts only, please.

Well, one example can be seen in this quotation from the article in the opening post:

Quote:
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:52 pm
That isn't an accusation, it is a reporting of fact; the Bush admin has been doing this lately.

Is it links to this that you are looking for? Those can be provided, but remember that what you are reading is a transcript; KO can't provide links in the middle of a monlogue on TV, so your accusations that the article is 'unsourced' don't apply as much as they would to a print article.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:28 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
That isn't an accusation, it is a reporting of fact; the Bush admin has been doing this lately.

Is it links to this that you are looking for? Those can be provided, but remember that what you are reading is a transcript; KO can't provide links in the middle of a monlogue on TV, so your accusations that the article is 'unsourced' don't apply as much as they would to a print article.

Cycloptichorn

My point was that the article conatains virtually no specific allegations. It seems to attempt to just make vague accusations of general behavior, without really stating anything in particular that can be denied.

I find the criticisms of the president to be almost always short on specifics, and calm, dignified requests for specifics or for citations, are almost always met with evasions of ad hominems. Were I to start a thread requesting that very specific accusations of presidential wrongdoing be stated one by one and debated one by one, I have no doubt that most of the responses would be ad hominems against me. Bush's opponents seem to want to just throw a bunch of mud around, understanding that some of it will stick to him.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:35 pm
You are generalizing the behavior of those who disagree with you, much in the same way as you accuse others of generalizing attacks against Bush.

You know very well that a few posters, myself included, are fully capable of doing exactly what you say, becuase we have done so many times.

The article was discussing the recent behavior of the Prez and executive branch in general; it is not required to go into specific allegations every time you wish to discuss someone's behavior. But, I would be more than happy to do so, if you would like.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
joefromchicago
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:47 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Let's make this really clear. Make one, and only one, accusation of wrongdoing, then provide some evidence that it's true.

What would you accept as "evidence?"
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:12 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Let's make this really clear. Make one, and only one, accusation of wrongdoing, then provide some evidence that it's true.

What would you accept as "evidence?"

Well, it wouldn't have to be air tight, absolute proof, and probably not even beyond a reasonable doubt. If there were a strong plausibility argument, I might accept that it was a strong candidate for an act of wrongdoing.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You are generalizing the behavior of those who disagree with you, much in the same way as you accuse others of generalizing attacks against Bush.

You know very well that a few posters, myself included, are fully capable of doing exactly what you say, becuase we have done so many times.

The article was discussing the recent behavior of the Prez and executive branch in general; it is not required to go into specific allegations every time you wish to discuss someone's behavior. But, I would be more than happy to do so, if you would like.

Cycloptichorn

Why don't I start a thread, then? I'm at work, but I can probably do so in the next hour.
0 Replies
 
candidone1
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:13 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Furthermore, the A2K liberals have a very poor record of respecting stated thread topics.


Yes, Brandon, I hate it when the darn liberals don't observe the thread topic.
Especially when they they respond in this manner once they have strayed, and are requested to stay on topic:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Why? People never do in my posts, nor even try to. But okay, I won't post on any other subject than this trivial one, just as long as the requirement to stay directly on this topic alone is enforced on every poster in the thread, and only that long.


But I prefer this puerile response better.


0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:14 am
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Furthermore, the A2K liberals have a very poor record of respecting stated thread topics.


Yes, Brandon, I hate it when the darn liberals don't observe the thread topic.
Especially when they they respond in this manner once they have strayed, and are requested to stay on topic:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Why? People never do in my posts, nor even try to. But okay, I won't post on any other subject than this trivial one, just as long as the requirement to stay directly on this topic alone is enforced on every poster in the thread, and only that long.


But I prefer this puerile response better.



This is a case in which you asked me to stay strictly on your thread topic, I agreed and complied, then returned later to find you and many other posters with whom you agree posting completely off topic.

Why should I or anyone agree to stay on topic when you the thread originator are not? This is completely different from a case in which I ask for people to stay on topic in one of my threads and also do so myself. More false logic by you.

And speaking of puerile, lets not forget your angry private message to me.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.73 seconds on 11/23/2020 at 10:59:30