Keith Olbermann to Bush: Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:14 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,355 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:36 am
This is quite comical, really...in a sickening sort of way.

I first read about this Washington "spin" attempt to try and forge a link between AQ and the Nazis, a few weeks ago.
The columnist asked for people to look out for it, and lo and behold, I've seen this spin in several briefings from the White House, or selected cronies, and it is obviously still going on.

Now....suuuuurely the President's advisers have seen newspaper articles, exposing this tactic?

How arrogant of them (and him) to carry on doing this manipulation.

How stupid do they think the American people are?

Or, more worryingly, just how stupid ARE Americans?

Are your newspapers exposing this cr*p?

If not, why not?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:54 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:

As a group? Quite stupid, actually.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:02 am
How stupid?

According to Zogby polls, 46% still believe Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11.

That's down from 69% in September 2003, so maybe some few of us are wising up.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:18 am
To be fair, I can see this sort of ignorance, apathy, sheep mentality, call it what you like, happening over here in the UK.

There has been SOOOO much spin chucked at us since this "New" Labour party took over, no-one believes a word anymore, and more worryingly, a lot of people, especially the young, have lost all interest in politics, and basically couldn't care less.

Whether this is an unintentional side effect of "spin" I don't know. My cynical part of the brain tells me that this is all part of it. Get the electorate into sheep mode, and do what you like.

Worrying.

Baaaa Baaaa.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:00 pm
The opening post contains virtually no specific accusation against the president which can be checked, denied, or disproven. This is garden variety character assassination. It's like if someone said of you, "Your repeated attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of the other A2K members are despicable, and will not succeed." It sounds bad, but it has no specific charges, and, so, cannot easily be debated or denied. Anyone who disagrees with what I'm saying should make a specific accusation against Mr. Bush (not a cut and paste job with thousands of nebulous accusations), capable of being investigated and debated.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:12 pm
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:16 pm
Quote:
It's like if someone said of you, "Your repeated attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of the other A2K members are despicable, and will not succeed." It sounds bad, but it has no specific charges, and, so, cannot easily be debated or denied.

It wasn't an invitation to debate. I'm sure that KO, or anyone, can come up with many specifics with which they could debate against the Bush admin. (Lord knows that I can, though some are too afraid to answer the challenge with an objective judge present).

It was an editorial about the character and nature of the president.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OK, Brandon. Would you go as far as admittimg that Bush and co. are, over tha past week or so, using the words Nazi and Fascist a hell of a lot more than they have in the past?

Let's make this really clear. Make one, and only one, accusation of wrongdoing, then provide some evidence that it's true. If you do that, I'll debate it. If you can't or won't, then I don't think what you're saying rises to the level of anything I should spend my time on.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

He won't admit to anything. He is absolutely smitten with George w. Bush.

Anyone who can't see past this latest strategy is IMNSHO not dealing with a full deck quite frankly.

As we speak, Bush is on the TEEVEE lying his ass off. Again, if the American sheeple buy this bullshit, I will move to Vancouver, BC! Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:18 pm
liar.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:19 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Let's make this really clear. Make one, and only one, accusation of wrongdoing, then provide some evidence that it's true. If you do that, I'll debate it. If you can't or won't, then I don't think what you're saying rises to the level of anything I should spend my time on.

Why not? You have wasted countless hours of others' time responding to your nonsense.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:23 pm
Bush goes on about a "failed Austrian painter", and "the world ignored Hitler's words and paid a terrible price."

From another A2K thread re, Rumsfeld ....Last week the man who gave us "stuff happens" and "you go to war with the Army you have" outdid himself. In an instantly infamous address to the American Legion, he likened critics of the Iraq debacle to those who "ridiculed or ignored" the rise of the Nazis in the 1930's and tried to appease Hitler. Such Americans, he said, suffer from a "moral or intellectual confusion" and fail to recognize the "new type of fascism" represented by terrorists. Presumably he was not only describing the usual array of "Defeatocrats" but also the first President Bush, who had already been implicitly tarred as an appeaser by Tony Snow last month for failing to knock out Saddam in 1991.

Coincidence? I bet there's more, if people search around.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:25 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Anyone who can't see past this latest strategy is IMNSHO not dealing with a full deck quite frankly.

Personal comments about a poster have no significance in advancing any thesis about Mr. Bush.

Roxxxanne wrote:
As we speak, Bush is on the TEEVEE lying his ass off. Again, if the American sheeple buy this bullshit, I will move to Vancouver, BC! Smile

Prove that what he's saying on TV now contains lies. The mere fact that you can make an accusation proves exactly zero. Give one example of a lie that you've seen him tell on TV today.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
liar.

So you watched the speech too, eh?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:28 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

You are EXACTLY the brand of sheep that this is all aimed at, IMO.

They have done their homework.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Personal comments about a poster have no significance in advancing any thesis about Mr. Bush.

Roxxxanne wrote:

Prove that what he's saying on TV now contains lies. The mere fact that you can make an accusation proves exactly zero. Give one example of a lie that you've seen him tell on TV today.

You didn't even watch the speech or you would know. That is, you would know if you weren't in a constant state of denial...gotta go Barbara Boxer is calling...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:33 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

You are EXACTLY the brand of sheep that this is all aimed at, IMO.

They have done their homework.

The Republicans problem is finding enough sheeple in enough Cong. Districts to hold the House.

Anywaym, the liar-in-chief was on the TEEVEE trying to link Anthrax attacks with Gitmo detainees.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:49 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

As a group? Quite stupid, actually.

Joe, You are giving Americans far too much credit.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:58 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
It's like if someone said of you, "Your repeated attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of the other A2K members are despicable, and will not succeed." It sounds bad, but it has no specific charges, and, so, cannot easily be debated or denied.

It wasn't an invitation to debate. I'm sure that KO, or anyone, can come up with many specifics with which they could debate against the Bush admin. (Lord knows that I can, though some are too afraid to answer the challenge with an objective judge present).

It was an editorial about the character and nature of the president.

Cycloptichorn

And was a form of condemnation that, containing virtually no specifics, could be said about anyone, whether the allegations were true or false. The specialty of the liberals seems to be to make undocumented accusations that lack any specific charge that can be examined or refuted.
0 Replies