Oy! All you wanna be dream interpreters!

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:35 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Knowing you Aussies....nope.

In exactly what sense do you claim to "know" us?

BTW....do you recall the writings of "Tailgunner Parkington"?

Well, in the carnival sense on one occasion. ('twas in the bushes, behind the candy floss stall). On a more general theme, it is widely recognised around the world that the average Australian male would attempt to get up a wallaby if it stopped hopping long enough. Provided there's no footie game on TV, of course.

Regarding Tailgunner Parkington, wasn't he the chappie who wrote that article regarding excitability in uterine smooth muscle?

Mighta been Parkinson?

He was a Prabation/Parole Officer who used to write for New Society.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:42 pm
OMG! Geoff!

His nickname wasn't "tailgunner" in the Probation service, I can assure you.

No, I didn't actually know him well, though I mingled occasionally at meetings.
He covered Sarf London mainly, if I remember correctly.

(between you and me, he was rebellious for the sake of being rebellious at those meetings, if you know what I mean - certainly not a "yes" man.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:48 pm
I am exceptionally pragmatic about dreams, I think of them as a screen watching either waste disposal or a continuous loop, sans significant meaning.

But I still enjoy them, or am at least interested while they're going on.

I'll grant that the meaning people put on these segments can have import.

I have a few recurrent loops. One has been something to do with getting from north Chicago to downtown Chicago, or is it to Minnesota? (friends went to college in Minnesota, I haven't been there). I never actually make it to downtown Chicago, something wakes me up.
Haven't had this dream since I revisited Chicago this year.
I suspect the dream had a basis in going with my parents in my youth to someplace in central or south Chicago to buy a kitchen table at some advertised store. We didn't buy one, my dad made a table himself...

Another recurrent loop takes place in a house we rented in Evanston - and I don't remember any script for that except that I'm there in the dream. I did see this house on my visit to Chicago, even talked with the present owner, and didn't ask to see inside. None of my business, after all, I lived there in the early fifties, and she, an elderly lady, had just arrived there in a taxi and was nice but not all, c'mon in. Best left to the ages. No dreams since but not sure I'm done with all that.

Another takes place in the house my parents bought in Los Angeles, and we fixed up at great pains for low money. I dream about that place about a half dozen times a year. No plot that I can remember.

I haven't started dreaming about the house my husband and I lived in in Venice. I suppose that's next for the disposal nerve network.

I have always tended to dream about stuff quite a while ago. (And that fits with my storage disposal theory.) Any day now I'll start dreaming about my ex.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 08:30:27