Oy! All you wanna be dream interpreters!

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:46 pm
So....I am having this recurring dream.

Last night (during such a dream) I even passed, and recognized, (even though it had been painted and was being used as part of an exclusive swimming club) a place from a former one of these dreams.

I dream I am in the process of moving into a new home....and gradually, during the course of the dream, even though I am making a brave attempt to be really optimistic and happy, I have to acknowledge that I have made a big mistake, and I would have been happier staying where I am (though where I am often becomes either much more, or less, glamorous than it really is.)

Sometimes the new place is really run down, although big and with nice aspects.....it will mean lots and lots of work, and sometimes I am renting and know I won't be able to change much. Sometimes it gets bigger and bigger, with amazing rooms and things....but still less convenient, often dark, and not very secure.

Last nights' place had a fabulous closed in porch, with a great view, though, to use as my study...but the windows and doors did not close securely, a lot of the flywire was old and broken, there was the landlord's furniture in there (horrid) and I knew it was going to be a huge job moving the horrid stuff into a hidden part of the porch, and putting my stuff in.

Sometimes there is an ongoing drama with my furniture....it has been lost, or is in a truck that I can't find, or it gets dumped outside the new place, and I have this mammoth task of trying to get it into the house all by myself.

Usually it is a huge relief waking up, and I am happy to find I am where I am....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,157 • Replies: 62
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:48 pm
That dream basically means that you want to fellate me.

Simple as that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:50 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That dream basically means that you want to fellate me.

Simple as that.

Believe me, NOTHING about me is as simple as THAT.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:51 pm
and she has a big porch.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:52 pm
ALL dreams mean that -- right Gus?

I have a lot of moving/ house dreams -- it's probably the most common theme that I actually remember (I rarely remember dreams). I've decided that it's a state of mind thing. I'll move into a certain "house" and recognize it and remember the last time I dreamed about that house and realize that there are basic similarities between then and now.

I can't break 'em down in a useful manner, though. I think that usually when I'm feeling less in control of my life and like chaos is infringing it's a scarier, more squalid and hopeless kind of place. That kind of correlation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:57 pm
sozobe wrote:
ALL dreams mean that -- right Gus?

I have a lot of moving/ house dreams -- it's probably the most common theme that I actually remember (I rarely remember dreams). I've decided that it's a state of mind thing. I'll move into a certain "house" and recognize it and remember the last time I dreamed about that house and realize that there are basic similarities between then and now.

I can't break 'em down in a useful manner, though. I think that usually when I'm feeling less in control of my life and like chaos is infringing it's a scarier, more squalid and hopeless kind of place. That kind of correlation.

Hmmmm..........thinking....

That's interesting...I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the need to cull and create final order here...and work is ALWAYS chaotic in some ways....and I am feeling a bit odd generally....

I have a number of recurring dreams.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:58 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
and she has a big porch.

not in real life
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:59 pm
classic nesting dream dlowan.

You are pregnant for sure! up the duff, in the familly way bun in the oven preggers and you aint too happy about it so your dream tells me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:01 pm
dadpad wrote:
classic nesting dream dlowan.

You are pregnant for sure! up the duff, in the familly way bun in the oven preggers and you aint too happy about it so your dream tells me.

Nope. DEFINITELY wrong.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:02 pm
Evening Dlowan...

Let me plunge in here and put my two cents in....

I've read alot about dreams, I find them fascinating, a house typically represents the self, and with it shifting like it is.... I kinda take it that maybe there is a change taking place in your life, maybe a new job, some news you were given that maybe your not happy with, and even though you are completely familiar or satisfied with the way things are at the moment, you know that you have to change something (whatever that might be?) and part of you doesn't want too...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:04 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Evening Dlowan...

I've read alot about dreams, I find them fascinating, a house typically represents the self, and with it shifting like it is.... I kinda take it that maybe there is a change taking place in your life, maybe a new job, some news you were given that maybe your not happy with, and even though you are completely familiar or satisfied with the way things are at the moment, you know that you have to change something (whatever that might be?) and part of you doesn't want too...

Yep...that is a way I have been thinking meself....or maybe in the middle of changing, and I amn't sure how and don't feel in control of it...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:08 pm
ok then, You (subconciously) think you might wanna be but are afraid to take the big step. biological clock ticking etc.

Definitely a nesting dream.

Do you find yourself collecting/buying/looking at soft clothing (nest lining)

or cleaning cupboards/draws compulsivly tidying up around the house or feeling like you should
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:10 pm
dadpad wrote:
ok then, You (subconciously) think you might wanna be but are afraid to take the big step. biological clock ticking etc.

or cleaning cupboards/draws compulsivly tidying up around the house or feeling like you should

Biological clock never started.....and now the works are stuck.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:13 pm
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:

a bit of lubrication ought to ungum the works

*dp grasps his large grease gun*

It is also significant that you choose today first sunday in september To explore this topic
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:48 pm
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:

a bit of lubrication ought to ungum the works

*dp grasps his large grease gun*

It is also significant that you choose today first sunday in september To explore this topic

Hmmmm...methinketh the marsupial's saps are running.

How since you've put a joey in mumpad's pouch, me friend?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:51 pm
Is there a blonde girl around you somewhere, probably following you, acting all innocent like, answers to the name of 'Alice'?

Get her out of your life, quick! She will move in and wreck your dream house. She carries funny mushrooms in her pocket, which she chews bits of now and then. Bad news!!

Face it, you are a bunny. You've no need to get involved with things like the subconcious, biological clocks, just watch out for blonde bimbos.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:57 pm
lezzles wrote:
Is there a blonde girl around you somewhere, probably following you, acting all innocent like, answers to the name of 'Alice'?

Get her out of your life, quick! She will move in and wreck your dream house. She carries funny mushrooms in her pocket, which she chews bits of now and then. Bad news!!

Face it, you are a bunny. You've no need to get involved with things like the subconcious, biological clocks, just watch out for blonde bimbos.

I don't know any blonde bimboes...or himboes, come to that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:59 pm
I dream about houses all the time too!

I'll be back in the morning to tell what I think they mean....too tired right now.

Night before the last, I dreamed my husband turned into Willem Defoe...I've dreamt he's turned into other people before, and it's always like he's testing me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:13 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I dream about houses all the time too!

I'll be back in the morning to tell what I think they mean....too tired right now.

Night before the last, I dreamed my husband turned into Willem Defoe...I've dreamt he's turned into other people before, and it's always like he's testing me.

Lol!

Be waiting.

lezzles wrote:

Actually, the model for Alice, Alice Liddell, was dark, not blonde.

Carroll was NOT happy when she Tenniel modelled her on blonde Mary jane Badcock (I think???) for the illustrations.

Here is Alice as a young adult:

http://www.guiascostarica.com/alicia/fotos/alice08.jpg

And as a little girl:

http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/carroll/Alice.jpg

Here is Tenniel's first Alice..wow, eh?

http://www.umanitoba.ca/cm/vol11/no5/alicesadventuresinwonderlandint.jpg

(That is the scary Wonderland I experience....terrifies me)

And the one we all know:

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/extra/images/alice.gif

Oh, and looks as though I am wrong about both the actual model ... and her name:

Notes to Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole
1. Tenniel's pictures of Alice are not pictures of Alice Liddell, who had dark hair cut short with straight bangs across her forehead. Carroll sent Tenniel a photograph of Mary Hilton Badcock, another child-friend, recommending that he use her for a model, but whether Tenniel accepted this advice is a matter of dispute. That he did not is strongly suggested by these lines from a letter Carroll wrote some time after both Alice books had been published (the letter is quoted by Mrs. Lennon in her book on Carroll):

Mr. Tenniel is the only artist, who has drawn for me, who has resolutely refused to use a model, and declared he no more needed one than I should need a multiplication table to work a mathematical problem! I venture to think that he was mistaken and that for want of a model, he drew several pictures of "Alice" entirely out of proportion — head decidedly too large and feet decidedly too small.........

http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/fall99/annotatednotes2.htm
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:17 pm
dlowan wrote:
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Evening Dlowan...

Yep...that is a way I have been thinking meself....or maybe in the middle of changing, and I amn't sure how and don't feel in control of it...

I think the key is the control. I tend to have stress dreams when I feel my life is out of my control. Sometimes you can't gain control in real life, but often you can, in small ways...... or maybe you should just blow Gus.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Oy! All you wanna be dream interpreters!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 08:31:52