Oy! All you wanna be dream interpreters!

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:33 am
Isn't this just friggin' great. Now I see Mr. Stillwater back there waving his placard.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:55 am
Oh thank you Gus! I needed that guffaw! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:24 am
lezzles wrote:
Oh thank you Gus! I needed that guffaw! Very Happy

Am I laughing?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:29 am
Quote:

Here is Tenniel's first Alice..wow, eh?

http://www.umanitoba.ca/cm/vol11/no5/alicesadventuresinwonderlandint.jpg

(That is the scary Wonderland I experience....terrifies me)

And the one we all know:

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/extra/images/alice.gif
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:34 am
So sorry dlowan - it was nothing to do with you.

It was the imagery of the "other Aussies" that started me chortling uncontrollably.

As the Green Witch said when she caught you in the kiddies' videogame threads -

"Gus, get your walker and go back to your room!"
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 04:56 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Isn't this just friggin' great. Now I see Mr. Stillwater back there waving his placard.

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/cards/card_newman_f.gif
Well -hello NEWMAN!!!

We have some unfinished business. No?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:11 am
Here's Rackham's 'Alice", this is the one I remember the most...

http://brainstorm-services.com/wcu-2004/art/alice-wonderland.jpg

Of course the right Rev Dodson (aka Lewis Carroll) took photographic images of the girl that would land him in a lot of trouble these days. A very odd man, even allowing for his sort of mingling of Hi-Church and mathematics......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:13 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Here's Rackham's 'Alice", this is the one I remember the most...

http://brainstorm-services.com/wcu-2004/art/alice-wonderland.jpg

Of course the right Rev Dodson (aka Lewis Carroll) took photographic images of the girl that would land him in a lot of trouble these days. A very odd man, even allowing for his sort of mingling of Hi-Church and mathematics......

Shoulda kept his beak out of Alice.

Tenniel!!!! Tenniel rocks!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:36 am
And what is so prominently shown in the upper left hand corner of that image???????? Is that a Wabbit I see before me???

The fluffy cottontail toward my eye? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still in the upper left-hand corner of Tenniel.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible (HELLO!?!)
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A wabbit of the mind, a false cweation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain (gin-soaked)?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I dwaw - a bunny of sock with button eyes, a Marlboro eternally gwipped in it's evil, beady.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:54 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
And what is so prominently shown in the upper left hand corner of that image???????? Is that a Wabbit I see before me???

The fluffy cottontail toward my eye? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still in the upper left-hand corner of Tenniel.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible (HELLO!?!)
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A wabbit of the mind, a false cweation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain (gin-soaked)?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I dwaw - a bunny of sock with button eyes, a Marlboro eternally gwipped in it's evil, beady.....

The possessive "its" does not have an apostrophe.

And it is not a cigarette.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 06:20 am
g'night fluffster

I wish a pweasent dweam to you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 06:30 am
dadpad wrote:
g'night fluffster

I wish a pweasent dweam to you.

G'night punchy.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:46 am
Quote:
I had a bad interaction at work with a cow-worker (the worker IS a cow!). The next night I dreamt that I had a petty criminal paroled into my custody. For no apparent reason, two police officers tell me I have to look after him until his court date. He hangs around my house with a lot of equally disreputable sorts, but the two of us travel with two other men (older) and end up a reservoir. Actually at the spillway of a reservior - the water is rushing out and spraying us whilst the water in the dam is calm.

I await the pronouncements of the Wisest of Wabbits when she wemoves the weefer from her mouf.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:59 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Quote:
I had a bad interaction at work with a cow-worker (the worker IS a cow!). The next night I dreamt that I had a petty criminal paroled into my custody. For no apparent reason, two police officers tell me I have to look after him until his court date. He hangs around my house with a lot of equally disreputable sorts, but the two of us travel with two other men (older) and end up a reservoir. Actually at the spillway of a reservior - the water is rushing out and spraying us whilst the water in the dam is calm.

I await the pronouncements of the Wisest of Wabbits when she wemoves the weefer from her mouf.

I ain't touching that one, no I am not.

I'd rather be thrown in the briar patch.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:23 am
In regards to the dream, might you be thinking your job move wasn't exactly what you thought it would be?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:46 am
dlowan wrote:
......I had a bad interaction at work with a cow-worker (the worker IS a cow!). The next night I dreamt that I had a petty criminal paroled into my custody. For no apparent reason, two police officers tell me I have to look after him until his court date. He hangs around my house with a lot of equally disreputable sorts, but the two of us travel with two other men (older) and end up a reservoir. Actually at the spillway of a reservior - the water is rushing out and spraying us whilst the water in the dam is calm......

I believe that this signifies that you have a hidden desire to take part in a wet T Shirt competition, surrounded by ruffians.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:46 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
dlowan wrote:
......I had a bad interaction at work with a cow-worker (the worker IS a cow!). The next night I dreamt that I had a petty criminal paroled into my custody. For no apparent reason, two police officers tell me I have to look after him until his court date. He hangs around my house with a lot of equally disreputable sorts, but the two of us travel with two other men (older) and end up a reservoir. Actually at the spillway of a reservior - the water is rushing out and spraying us whilst the water in the dam is calm......

I believe that this signifies that you have a hidden desire to take part in a wet T Shirt competition, surrounded by ruffians.

Taht was Mr Stillwater's dream, not mine.

Does this make a difference to your interpretation?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:37 pm
Knowing you Aussies....nope.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 06:58 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

In exactly what sense do you claim to "know" us?

BTW....do you recall the writings of "Tailgunner Parkington"?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

In exactly what sense do you claim to "know" us?

BTW....do you recall the writings of "Tailgunner Parkington"?

Well, in the carnival sense on one occasion. ('twas in the bushes, behind the candy floss stall). On a more general theme, it is widely recognised around the world that the average Australian male would attempt to get up a wallaby if it stopped hopping long enough. Provided there's no footie game on TV, of course.

Regarding Tailgunner Parkington, wasn't he the chappie who wrote that article regarding excitability in uterine smooth muscle?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 10:37:46