I had lunch with Walter, in Paris

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:07 am
I bet they eat diggery doos.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:13 am
JPB wrote:

Actually, the one I sent you yesterday was originally posted on this thread. Then I had the same thought. Cool

You mean the one about the men striptease?
I've to look up the address again, won't take long, though.

Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:17 am
Do they serve sushi?

Hell must still be frozen over
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:21 am
Nice to see you back, Walter! Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:28 am
They serve sushi.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:32 am
smorgs wrote:
Nice to see you back, Walter! Very Happy

Well, I only could afford half a day and one night in Paris .... after six nights in château in Little Britain. :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:50 am
As I have already boasted, I enjoy drinks with Francis in Paris during the first week of last June. Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy a meal with him, but I did have dinner the night before at a restaurant just a short walk from the Moulin Rouge. Dinner with him must be in my future. We should all meet Francis some day; it was a real treat.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
That's nice, JL.

Meeting you was a pleasure, too.

The success of a meeting don't depend on a participant only but on both of them (or all).

I'm ready to reiterate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:50 pm
This photo (a real photo from yesterday afternoon) shows how it is when you spent some more time with Franics in Paris ...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2699/zwischenablage00976x654fm8.jpg
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:54 pm
The mannequin at the rear looks a little 'German', Walter...

But, it IS France!

x
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:04 pm
Mannequins? You mean, they were professionals? Shocked
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:27 pm
Is that girl related to the Bush family, Walter? ....(looking at rear girl, and nodding at what smorgs is alluding to)..........
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:42 pm
I'm sure, it isn't, LE: I've a Bush allergy and would have noticed such.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
Was that a lunch with all the "trimmings" by the way?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:05 pm
We took it inside not outdoors, where everyone could us/it - if you know, what I mean. :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:07 pm
So Walter, it looks like you and Francis went to the dessous store.
What did the two of you buy there?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:10 pm
I hope he got me that plum squeezer that I asked for.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:15 pm
Yes - to both Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:55 pm
I'm sure you were just being facetious in your earlier post, Thomas, as I'm sure you also know that Australia runs some of the largest herds of beef cattle in the world. (So does NZ.) Makes the herds on US ranches look like teeny conglomerates of beef cattle. The USA, btw, imports huge amounts of beef from both Australia and New Zealand. McDonald's hamburgers are largely made from New Zealand beef. The American variety is too fatty for a profitable hamburger. I well recall that some years back, when Congress was debating new import duties on foreign-raised beef, the National Resturant Association lobbied non-stop against this measure, claiming it would either put some American restaurant chains out of business or else raise their prices to a level that would compete with the four-star variety of establishment. (The proposed tariff didn't get passed.) Aussie beef is so famous that there's a small chain of steak-houses in the USA now called The Outback. (I dined at the Outback in Quincy, Massachusetts a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed. But, then again, the waitperson didn't know for sure whether the steak she was serving was imported or domestic. Smile)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I'm sure you were just being facetious in your earlier post, Thomas...

Facetious is an euphemism, when talking about Thomas. He has a great sense of humor.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:21:22