Lovatts Sept Big CW 166 - Bigcash

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:41 am
Hi all, I'm new to posting but have had a great deal of help here over the past few months, so thank you all!

Just a quick question. I'm slightly puzzled to the answer to 3d 'Camera Glass'. I have the answer 'shutter' but this isn't made of glass so is there another answer I should have or is this a mistake by Christine?

Ta muchly,
Odd
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 410 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:02 pm
Hi Oddnut25

You must be in the UK as our September Big is no 163 and does not contain your clue. If your letters are correct, "shutter" may well be the word.

Have a look at the following reference site and see what you think: http://dictionary.laborlawtalk.com/camera_lens
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:56 pm
Hi Oddnut 25 and welcome!

Christine sometimes does use what seem to be oblique references in her clues. She has been questioned on this on occasions and answers along the lines that the clues are guides that point to the answer rather than exact, definitive descriptions.

On the other hand, she can be quite pedantic about answers on occasion.

Which all boils down to keeping a flexible attitude to the clues and perhaps crossing your fingers!

Good luck!
0 Replies