Katmandu, home of world's shortest boy

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:26 pm
KATMANDU, Nepal -- Nepal's shortest boy is waiting for word from the Guinness World Records, where he has applied to be named the shortest in the world, his supporters said.

Khagendra Thapa Magar, 14, is only 20 inches (50 centimeters) tall and weights 4.5 kilograms (10 pounds).

According to Min Bahadur Thapa, president of the Khagendra Thapa Magar Foundation, they are expecting to receive a reply from the London-based Guinness World Records in the next few days. The foundation was set up to collect funds for the boy.

There was no listing on the Guinness World Records' Web site on a shortest boy category, but Thapa claimed their closest competitor was 25 inches (64 centimeters) tall.

The boy and family members are currently touring south Nepal, seeking support for the foundation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 635 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:14 am
Makes me wonder why anyone would want to be recognized for this distinction. I mean, is there some sort of material reward for being included in the Guiness' book? That whole procedure for inclusion has always been a puzzle to me. Why would I want to see my name listed (just as an example) as holding the record for most hot-dogs eaten in a specified period of time? I don't get it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:19 am
I gotta see a picture of this....20 inches? 10 lbs?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:27 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Makes me wonder why anyone would want to be recognized for this distinction. I mean, is there some sort of material reward for being included in the Guiness' book? That whole procedure for inclusion has always been a puzzle to me. Why would I want to see my name listed (just as an example) as holding the record for most hot-dogs eaten in a specified period of time? I don't get it.

Everyone likes their 15 seconds of fame, I guess, Andy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 01:25 pm
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060831/capt.kat10108311057.nepal_shortest_boy_kat101.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 10:33 am
Bump
For those who missed the picture.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:39 am
Merry Andrew wrote:

The reward? Isn't it obvious!

On Scholastic book order day, millions of American kids in grade school cafeterias marvel over you and the world's fattest twins (pictured on their motorcylces, while slinging tater tots at each other.

What an honor.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:41 am
http://www.thesneeze.com/art/guinness/twins.jpg

Now there's a photo dying to become someone's avatar.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
The phenomenon here is the strength of the bikes, not the weight of the men.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
I'm sure they'd love to snack on the world's shortest boy.
0 Replies