If You Didn't Know How Old You Were, How Old Would You Be?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:01 pm
I decided today that I'm in my September years--past the heat of summer and not yet into the sere and autumn leaf.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 04:19 pm
http://www.bizarrefun.com/FAH3145.jpg
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:40 pm
I believe that this would be a pathetic thread to post on for the plain fact that I have not seen half of the changes that half of you have see but it feels as if I have been through more than my share of it. I guess for some youth is a curse until you know what you are missing and then it's too late because there's no looking back. So in stead of griping about the fact that I am too young I believe that I am enjoying it to the fullest with out much of the stupidity
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 09:34 pm
bsingh5 wrote:
I believe that this would be a pathetic thread to post on for the plain fact that I have not seen half of the changes that half of you have see but it feels as if I have been through more than my share of it. I guess for some youth is a curse until you know what you are missing and then it's too late because there's no looking back. So in stead of griping about the fact that I am too young I believe that I am enjoying it to the fullest with out much of the stupidity

But this isn't really about life experience. It's how old would you guess yourself to be if you had no way to know how old you were? In which age group do you feel the most comfortable with or most relate to?

I think some of the younger members might be more mature than most of their peers and would believe they were older. Conversely, I think many who are of my more senior generation probably would guess themselves to be younger, both by their appearance which is no longer "old" at 50, 60, 70, but also due to a comfort level with people much younger.

I have a friend who is well into her 80's who most people are absolutely shocked to learn how old she is. She looks and acts 30 years ytounger. And I would guess she would never guess herself to be as old as she is if she didn't know.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:32 pm
Quote:
It's how old would you guess yourself to be if you had no way to know how old you were? In which age group do you feel the most comfortable with or most relate to?

Late 30's, early 40......

I have the ability to relate to alot of different age groups. My comfort zone is with people mid 30's and older, I find most of the young early 20's exhausting to have to listen to, but if I had to guess my age I'd say I have a perfect fit at 36....even though I can have the mindset of an 18 year old at times and the stamina...maybe thats libido?......lol (If I knew then what I know now...I'd been more trouble than I was worth)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 11:55 pm
Smile

The older we get the more that old saw rings true: Youth is wasted on the young. Smile
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:21 am
When people look at me and guess my age, they usually go for late 20s.

However, if they could see my behaviour on its own, I think they'd guess around 12.

OK, I do grownup stuff like go to work and look after my baby son, but I also jump into puddles and laugh my head of about some silly joke.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 04:03 pm
Foxfyre: Most would guess me to be at or around my early to late 20's (24-26) because of the way I look and act. I hate that because 1. I'm 18 (it hurts ones ego Laughing ) and 2. When I get to be that age I'll end up looking older. But the good side to it is that at least
Quote:
Youth is wasted on the young.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 02:46 am
I finally feel my age. I love this time in my life. Hoo-yaa! Smile
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:09 pm
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:10 pm
flushd wrote:

how old are you?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 01:02 am
loveislikearose3 wrote:
flushd wrote:

how old are you?

Twenty and Seven. Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 02:09 am
Susan Sontag once said, you're never old, till you begin to act old.

:wink:
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 10:10 pm
I'm 25, but I kind of feel I'm 35. Not in terms of wisdom, though. I just feel 35 years old after I worked for a year.
When in college, I felt 18 even when I was 21....
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:55 am
bsingh5 wrote:
2. When I get to be that age I'll end up looking older.

Don't worry, I looked older, when I was 18, too.
People still think I am 5-10 years younger, today!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:05 am
I didnt understand this question

I thought it meant how can you measure the age of a person without knowing their date of birth. Which is actually a more interesting question. Physical changes occur in the body, but is it possible to measure them and determine age with any accuracy? I dont think it is...

I suppose you could always cut through a leg and count the ring growth, but I wouldnt recommend it, even if you had lost your birth certificate.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:21 am
I think it's interesting how different people interpret the question.

For me, the question means that if I had no way of knowing how old I actually was, based on how I look and feel, my interests, the way I look at the world, how old would I guess that I was?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:32 am
I'd probably say 28. But maybe that's because of the beard.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 12:45 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think it's interesting how different people interpret the question.

For me, the question means that if I had no way of knowing how old I actually was, based on how I look and feel, my interests, the way I look at the world, how old would I guess that I was?

That's how I interpreted it too. Smile

It's kind of funny though. I see peers my age running the gamut: some act and look like teens/early 20's, some act waaay older (and look it!) than their age. So - what does 27 look and act like anyhow? All sorts of ways...just like any other age.

I just feel that this age is where I 'fit', in that it is inbetween being a young little sapling and a wise, experienced person. I'm a kid who gets to enjoy the benefits and worries of a grown-up. Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 01:55 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
I didnt understand this question

I thought it meant how can you measure the age of a person without knowing their date of birth. Which is actually a more interesting question. Physical changes occur in the body, but is it possible to measure them and determine age with any accuracy? I dont think it is...

I suppose you could always cut through a leg and count the ring growth, but I wouldnt recommend it, even if you had lost your birth certificate.

Most people age at different rates, due to life's stresses and genetics.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:41:31