If You Didn't Know How Old You Were, How Old Would You Be?

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:38 am
There is a thread where members have asked the ages of other members.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2235008#2235008

In that thread, Foxfyre has come up with a fascinating thought:

Quote:
If You Didn't Know How Old You Were, How Old Would You Be?

I have always been a firm believer that age is a matter of attitude. Of course health has a part in how you feel as a person, but there are differences in the way that various people deal with the infirmities of life.

As a corrollary, one might ask if someone did not know your age, how old do you think that they would think that you are?

As far as I am concerned, I have said, for many years, that I would go directly from adolescence to senescence in one fell swoop. Although I have the responsibility and maturity of an older person, I am still bright eyed and bushy tailed, and am always open to new adventures.

What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,773 • Replies: 48
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:42 am

:-)

Seriously, I've always been "old for my age", and I feel like in my 30's or so I finally grew into that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:48 am
40 or 50, I can't remember for sure.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:49 am
Actually Soz, 35 isn't a bad age for a lot of us. By 35 we are pretty well past the raging hormones and roller coaster emotions, we have some significant life experiences under out belts, and usually a more realistic view of the world. It's usually in our mid 30's that we first start feeling all grown up, at least most of the time, even when we don't know what we want to be yet.

Now it has been quite awhile since I've seen 35, and I have had even more life changing life experiences since then, but I honestly can't say it feels any different now than it did then. I think most of the same things are important to me and the same kinds of things make me happy, excited, angry etc.

I don't have the stamina I had at 35 and I hate that. But otherwise, that feels about right. Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:51 am
35 also

I became a parent at 34. In some ways I feel that I put my life on hold and focused my energies and aspirations on being a parent. Now that my kids are both in high school, I'm looking at what's important to me. It's certainly a crossroads moment in my life, just as becoming a parent at 34 was.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:54 am
Older than the hills and yet younger than the sand dunes.

Rarely have people been able to figure out my age...my Polish blood keeps me looking quite youthful. I currently look as if I am between birth and death...around 50.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:58 am
Mentally-16 and a confused 90 year old
Physically-90
Reality-31
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:04 am
Like Foxfyre, I don't have the stamina that I had when I was younger, and I sorely resent that, although I have come to accept it as a fact of life. I also have the wisdom to know what I can reasonably do, and what is now beyond me physically. I am content with that knowledge, and within reasonable parameters, I WILL push myself to do stuff that other people my age won't.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:35 am
35 for me too - it's the perfect age

x
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:16 pm
Yup.
Another vote here for early 30's.

Still have the strength I need to do what I want and I am done with those hormones that block common sense.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:24 pm
I'm a slow bloomer--in my thirties I was still wet behind te ears.

Can I have the stamina of a 30-year-old and keep my hard-won wisdom and common sense?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:11 pm
Yep...another 35....been "35" for a very long time.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 09:04 pm
I'm 33 - in my mind!

I haven't gained any more intelligence, wisdom or insight since then, sadly! Confused

My body wants that number to advance - but I'm ignoring it. Who wants to grow up!?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 09:07 pm
I always felt older than my age until somewhere in my early 30s, now I am feeling younger. So, I am 38, but I feel 33-35. Not a big difference, but I expect the gap will grow.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:46 pm
I'm 40 but feel that I'm closer to 32-35. However, lately I catch myself walking into a room and wondering what I went in there for.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:19 pm
I feel as though I'm in my 30's most days.

People are generally shocked to find out my age (47). I offer to show ID to back it up.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 11:09 pm
Mentally, I'm stuck at 30 most days, but now and then, when I'm in a really silly mood, I'm 12 and wondering where all this pubic hair suddenly came from.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 04:25 am
If I had a choice I would have stopped my body clock around 32. I was physically at my peek and my metabolism still worked. I'm in my mid 40's and it seems to be all downhill from here.

I've always felt much older than my age. Somedays I feel as old as the dirt I dig, other times I think I've been on this giant cosmic treadmill forever and I'm ready for a nap. If there is such a thing as souls, I think I'm one of the originals.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:49 am
I'm feeling good, no matter the age....really good...hmmm!

Dreams, yes. No regrets...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 02:33 pm
mac11 wrote:
I feel as though I'm in my 30's most days.

People are generally shocked to find out my age (47). I offer to show ID to back it up.

Okay, let's see it!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If You Didn't Know How Old You Were, How Old Would You Be?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:05:29